Jack Robinson qualifies for WSL World Tour amidst controversy with Zeke Lau due to surf eitiquette faux pas!

doubleup

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 18, 2019
Wait, I thought the story about interference in a wave pool was satire. Lau actually hassled a kid (not old enough to drive) in a WSL contest where you wait your turn for a wave that comes right to you?
Zeke doesn't need to worry about a career in the WSL, that's prime reality TV stuff there, he's got a great future ahead in lowbrow entertainment.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Wait, I thought the story about interference in a wave pool was satire. Lau actually hassled a kid (not old enough to drive) in a WSL contest where you wait your turn for a wave that comes right to you?
Zeke doesn't need to worry about a career in the WSL, that's prime reality TV stuff there, he's got a great future ahead in lowbrow entertainment.
I think it's hilarious.

Jett Schitting is a widely known behavior problem.

Can't help but think there's some history behind Zeke's "hassling" which was so intense it doesn't seem it weas even caught on camera.

Either way, Jett deserved it.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Stab says it happened and that Jett was allowed to surf his second right again (I'm assuming that one is on the web replay, it's not very good). I'm also assuming the drop in isn't on the replay.

Funny though, I watched Jett's first left (which he got a 7.5 - it's a good one) and as he rides the white wash at the end, he claims it pretty hard and then it pans out to Zeke staring at him.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
That's some serious irony.

Back in the day, in Hawaii especially, I'm sure that would have been settled somewhere out of site. Now it goes to court.

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
Fck Jet shilling. And I don’t give a fuk how his name is spelled. Anyone who surfs lowers knows this kid needs his parents to beat the sh!t out of him. Takes any waves he wants then cries when people call him out on being a snake. Jet, your surfing is below average and your place in professional surfing is only held up by the other white as fuk surfers you grew up around. When companies need to cut riders, you will be cut brah. Anyone surfing lowers anytime soon, cut this kid off blatantly.
Ouch...

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Not that I really care one way or the other... don't get me wrong, Zeke will surf circles around me and most of you... but, he has a bad attitude and is trying to continue the Hawaiian enforcement thuggery. Not a smart career move.

Long story short, he currently doesn't bring enough value to the tour and deserves to go back to the minors to tighten his game up.

Jett has attitude issues? Is he the second coming of David Eggers?

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
zeke tried to push john john too deep and hastle at the start of their heat, like he did to jj at bells when jj got all rattled and lost to him, so jj took a small one early in the heat to start the rotation and then smoked zeke and sent him back to the qs while jj may be going to the olympics, he could even sail his yacht across to tokyo, slater and jj looked very comfortable out there. that 10 by the goat was crazy, Joan pullled out of the left and heard the beach going nuts and deadpanned to Strider "I geeeesss I should ave gone reeeet." that was classic.