It’s a bold move Cotton, let’s see if it pays off.

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ

meanwhile, what's going on with Iran?

Grandpa's streak continues...

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
it is odd that NZ isn't in there...

I really think it's nuts how these people are all trying to bug out to NZ

you're fkd when China gets rolling in the Pacific

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
it is odd that NZ isn't in there...

I really think it's nuts how these people are all trying to bug out to NZ

you're fkd when China gets rolling in the Pacific
NZ is pretty insignificant. The only reason they were included in 5 eyes was they were a member of the crown. Now their ties to China and the prime ministers world outlook has the west cautious.

France though.....pissed. Macron directly issuing a statement saying the US betrayed France is a big deal. He's now saying that the EU needs it's own military to operate autonomously. I don't know if it's a bigger deal in France than it is here but they had some shindig at the French Embassy scheduled for tomorrow to honor French/American relations and the cancelled it. I'm guessing this all boils down to defense spending and French defense firms not being able to participate.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
you don't cut someone out of a multilateral intelligence agreement for trivial things...I wonder what the scuttlebutt is on France.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
you don't cut someone out of a multilateral intelligence agreement for trivial things...I wonder what the scuttlebutt is on France.
Germany, France, Netherlands and Italy should have been involved. I sort of understand leaving Germany and Italy with outdated and regional only militaries.....but France is a legitimate global military power...on par with UK and larger and more capable than Australia. Netherlands has always been a good ally. They are the first country to officially recognize the US as an independent country.

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
whats grandpa’s foreign policy strategy? to exposure how fractured it is?

anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

meanwhile, what's going on with Iran?

Grandpa's streak continues...
Australia can bank on our sanity and resolve:
NZ is pretty insignificant. The only reason they were included in 5 eyes was they were a member of the crown. Now their ties to China and the prime ministers world outlook has the west cautious.

France though.....pissed. Macron directly issuing a statement saying the US betrayed France is a big deal. He's now saying that the EU needs it's own military to operate autonomously. I don't know if it's a bigger deal in France than it is here but they had some shindig at the French Embassy scheduled for tomorrow to honor French/American relations and the cancelled it. I'm guessing this all boils down to defense spending and French defense firms not being able to participate.
I encourage all billionaires to buy NZ redoubts so they can get the Jack Ma rehabilitation.

whats grandpa’s foreign policy strategy? to exposure how fractured it is?

anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?
We don't need a foreign policy. We are not the world's police. Containing China, if that were a goal for some reason, would've involved keeping our manufacturing and other critical industries in the USA rather than sending them there. They build ships - including carriers - at about 10x the speed we do. Their dominance is a fait accompli now.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
does China build subs or do they just buy old Russian hardware?

I think I want to try traveling to China....but maybe not

austard

Michael Peterson status
Nov 12, 2009
State of Grace
New Zealand and Canada excluded...now a 3 eyes agreement. With New Zealand being run by a tyrant communist and really nothing more than the 334th Chinese prefecture and She-nada being run by She-deau...can't say I blame US-UK-AU.
If you can add India and Japan to the 3 eyes alliance you could rename it...

4 eyes and a Jap eye...