Is this how you treat a member of the armed forces during a routine traffic stop?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
He got pulled over for no plate which he had, it was a dark country road and he slowly drove to lighted stop to pull over. This is straight up indefensible. Trying to listen to conflicting screamed orders got the unarmed guy shot dead in the hotel hallway(cop faced no charges) The same ilk who say just comply, meltdown when asked to wear a mask.

Reactions: $kully and sizzld1

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
He got pulled over for no plate which he had, it was a dark country road and he slowly drove to lighted stop to pull over. This is straight up indefensible. Trying to listen to conflicting screamed orders got the unarmed guy shot dead in the hotel hallway(cop faced no charges) The same ilk who say just comply, meltdown when asked to wear a mask.
I want to see what led up to the pulling of guns.

”Trying to listen to conflicting screamed orders got the unarmed guy shot dead in the hotel hallway...”

What part of the incident in the op happened in a hotel hallway?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I want to see what led up to the pulling of guns.

”Trying to listen to conflicting screamed orders got the unarmed guy shot dead in the hotel hallway...”

What part of the incident in the op happened in a hotel hallway?
A different incident, but you know this. It is called an example to illustrate the point. Grasping at straws to defend indefensible, pretty weak Saint Duffy.

Reactions: sizzld1

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The cops thought I was burglarizing my sister's house.

I totally complied but they still roughed me up.

They had be face down on the ground in the front yard, guns pointed at my head, cuffed and were yelling at me and kicking me.

The kicks didn't hurt because I was all amped up. I was trying not to laugh.

I found it very exciting. :dancing:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The cops thought I was burglarizing my sister's house.

I totally complied but they still roughed me up.

They had be face down on the ground, guns pointed at my head, cuffed and were yelling at me and kicking me.

I was trying not to laugh.

I found it very exciting.
Now imagine being a black guy who goes though this all the time? Cops also abuse poor whites just a less.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
A different incident, but you know this. It is called an example to illustrate the point. Grasping at straws to defend indefensible, pretty weak Saint Duffy.
A different incident involving different people in a different situation in a different city that happened several years that has no bearing or influence whatsoever to the traffic stop that is the subject of this thread.

Also, I’m not defending (or condemning) the actions of the cops. I’m saying that I (also you) don‘t have enough information to make a judgement either way.

• Dislike
Reactions: mundus

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Does an American citizen have the right to know why they are being detained and/or arrested?

Does an American citizen have the right to ask if they have broken any laws?

Is an obscured license plate really cause for pulling your service weapon?

Where are the constitution-waving libertarians on this one?

Reactions: tacos

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Does an American citizen have the right to know why they are being detained and/or arrested?

No such thing, "libertarians" exposed themselves in the Trump era as nothing but cowardly authoritarians in thrall to a scumbag demagogue.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
No context here. Video starts with guns out. I’d guess that something happened before the start of video that prompted that.

Arguing with cops never ends up well.

Cop says get out of the car. Get out of the car idiot.

Even if the pulling of guns was an over reaction to whatever prompted it, once the dude was told, at gun point, to get out of the car he should get the fook out of the car.
Start here > Cops should not be behaving like that.

Obeying orders of cops who abuse their power because of their fragile egos, is not the solution to this problem.

Obeying orders of an abusive cop as a self-preservation tactic - sure, it's a band-aid, but that's still not the actual solution.

Preventing cops from abusing their power is the solution.

I can never understand this insane reasoning.

It's like saying that if people obeyed Stalin, they wouldn't have been sent to the goulag - while never acknowledging that Stalin is evil and the actual cause of the problem.

Who thinks like that?
Oh yeah, you.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

Why limit it to American citizens? Shouldn’t the brown illegal aliens peoples you rent to have the same rights? Your racism/classism is showing.

• Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
It sounds like you will be in vehement disagreement with posts 15 and 16 above.

Stalin. Right.
Sure am.

Telling people that they should just obey the authority figures who are abusing their power as a solution for their abuse of power is nonsensical AF.

My Stalin analogy is perfect, thanks for playing.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
There's no defensible reason to be pointing guns at a person who doesn't pose a threat to you.

And repeatedly macing them.

But the usual suspect will try to defend it anyway. :socrazy:

Reactions: mundus