Is anyone investigating the Dr. Blasey Ford incident?

GoodOlBoy

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 11, 2013
HerdO'Cats, USA
afoaf said:
GromsDad said:
There you go again saying Kav lied with no proof.
he lied under oath regarding his awareness of Ramirez's claims prior to publication in NYT.

there are text message exchanges between him, his handlers, and people they were coaching
to help refute her claim.

you would know this if you had honestly sought knowledge instead of doing what you always do.

I mean...you can keep sitting here saying "BORDEN OF POOFS" or you could take the 5 fkn
seconds to do a search...

he lied about drinking, he lied about his yearbook, he lied about ramirez, he's lied about
the stolen campaign files.

have at it:

https://www.google.com/search?q=kavanaugh+lied+about+ramirez&oq=kavanaugh+lied+about+ramirez&aqs=chrome..69i57.3906j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

(hint: this is when you start equivocating and stating that these specific lies are immaterial)
you would know this if you had honestly sought knowledge

And knowledge is what we seek!

Okay, so here is the transcript of the Ford and Kavanaugh testimonies from 9/27:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/national/wp/2018/09/27/kavanaugh-hearing-transcript/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.342ca1a25cb0

Straight from the horse's mouth as it were.

And it wasn't the New York Times that broke the Ramirez story, it was the New Yorker, here's the article that was published on 9/23:
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/senate-democrats-investigate-a-new-allegation-of-sexual-misconduct-from-the-supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaughs-college-years-deborah-ramirez

That's in the testimony transcript as well.

On October the 1st MSNBC broke a story saying that they had obtained text messages between 2 mutual friends of Ramirez and Kavanaugh, Karen Yarasavage and Kerry Bercham, in which Yarasavage relays a story to Bercham, claiming to have been contacted by yet another mutual friend of them all, who was looking to obtain a picture of many of them together at a bridal party prior to Yarsavage's wedding. This contact by the unknown 3rd party , aka "Brett's guy" was supposed to have occurred prior to the publication of the New Yorker article regarding Ramirez's allegations.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/mutual-friend-ramirez-kavanaugh-anxious-come-forward-evidence-n915566

Just so we are clear, you are saying that Brett Kavanaugh committed perjury because he knew about Ramirez's allegations prior to the New Yorker article being published, right?

Here's his testimony regarding his foreknowledge of those allegations:

Do you have a copy of the Bercham/Yarsavage text messages, I can't find them anywhere, only MSNBC saying "we got 'em"?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
thank you for the correction NYT/NYer

“I have no direct or indirect knowledge about any of the allegations against him. However, I am in receipt of text messages from a mutual friend of both Debbie and mine that raise questions related to the allegations. I have not drawn any conclusions as to what the texts may mean or may not mean but I do believe they merit investigation by the FBI and the Senate.”

-Kerry Berchem

Apparently she has sent screenshots along with the memo from which the above quote
was excerpted to the FBI...twice.

I am unaware if the content of the messages themselves have been made public in their
entirety....but, to the broader point, this is yet another yarn Kav spun under oath that his
classmates have come back and said was false.

GoodOlBoy

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 11, 2013
HerdO'Cats, USA
afoaf said:
thank you for the correction NYT/NYer

“I have no direct or indirect knowledge about any of the allegations against him. However, I am in receipt of text messages from a mutual friend of both Debbie and mine that raise questions related to the allegations. I have not drawn any conclusions as to what the texts may mean or may not mean but I do believe they merit investigation by the FBI and the Senate.”

-Kerry Berchem

Apparently she has sent screenshots along with the memo from which the above quote
was excerpted to the FBI...twice.

I am unaware if the content of the messages themselves have been made public in their
entirety....but, to the broader point, this is yet another yarn Kav spun under oath that his
classmates have come back and said was false.
I'll admit my faculties are are suspect right now, Norco yo; so I'm fuzzy, what part of his testimony are you saying is false?

His foreknowledge of Ramirez's allegation right?

That seems possible; but without seeing the text messages I don't think that we can make that judgement concretely.

From the MSNBC article:
"Berchem, 51, a graduate of Yale and a Connecticut resident, reached out to Sen. Richard Blumenthal's office last week. Blumenthal, a Democrat, sits on the Judiciary Committee.

We heard from Kerry late on Thursday and submitted her summary to the Judiciary Committee early Friday,” a spokeswoman for Blumenthal said in a statement to NBC News. “After we were made to jump through several hoops that delayed our moving forward, it became clear that the majority Committee staff had not turned this summary over to the FBI and, in fact, had no intention of turning it over to the FBI. With our assistance, Kerry submitted her summary to the FBI herself.”

George Hartmann, a spokesman for Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, said that “the texts from Ms. Berchem do not appear relevant or contradictory to Judge Kavanaugh’s testimony."

"This appears to be another last-ditch effort to derail the nomination with baseless innuendo by Democrats who have already decided to vote no," Hartmann said.
"

So it seems that per Blumenthal's office the FBI has been in receipt of those text messages for 14 days now (9/27/18) and per Grassley's that there is no merit to the claim.

I am willing to keep an open mind as to the possibility that this will lead to a perjury charge, but I have to admit I am doubtful. If Blumenthal, Hirona, Feinstein, Leahey or Booker could get Kavanaugh on perjuring himself about something as concrete as dates, wouldn't they?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I didn't mean to ghost this.

thank you for a thoughtful response.

what you state is plausible.

I would however posit that 1. it is suspect that she had to make an end-run around the
committee due to their unresponsiveness and 2. that Grassley is not an unbiased actor
in this drama.

it would be interesting to know more about the content of the messages because the
way they have been characterized thus far would infer perjury...don't forget, this is the
guy who had binders full of women preemptively teed up with signatures because
that's totally normal!

this is also only a single point of contention...schoolmates of his have come out saying
that his statements re: drinking to the point of blacking out, not knowing ford socially
in high school, not attending parties as the one she described were false. responses
about the stolen emails and his pervy mentor judge-friend were also misleading....

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Greg Griffin said:
https://www.scribd.com/embeds/389821761/content#from_embed
She’s guilty of lying to the senate committee. Where’d she go? Lock her up!

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
GromsDad said:
1whoknows said:
Was she lying? If so, why isn’t she being prosecuted?
If he's lying why did Ford vanish......just like her pre-July on-line presence? It's as if she never existed. Poof!
They should be able to find her and prosecute for lying to a senate committee

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
GromsDad said:
1whoknows said:
If he's lying why did Ford vanish......just like her pre-July on-line presence? It's as if she never existed. Poof!
What more would you expect from her? A book tour? Then again, I thought she was just in it for the money so we should expect that soon!

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
You can't win, do media just in it for the money, disappear, you never existed.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
mundus said:
You can't win, do media just in it for the money, disappear, you never existed.
Of course. If she was still in the spotlight, GromsDad would say "see, she was lying and just wanted to become famous." Now that she's not in the spotlight, it's "see, if she was telling the truth why would she just disappear?"

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
StuAzole said:
GromsDad said:
1whoknows said:
What more would you expect from her? A book tour? Then again, I thought she was just in it for the money so we should expect that soon!
Are you aware of the nearly million dollar go-fund me? Nothing is stopping her from filing a criminal or civil case against kav........nothing except the very real possibility of being called on her bullshit in a very real way as opposed to the political circus of the senate hearings. It was all a hoax.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
GromsDad said:
American Bar Association drops review of Kavanaugh
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/15/politics/kavanaugh-aba-review/index.html
He's a SCOTUS justice. They can't do a thing to him.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Dr. Ford blatantly lied to the US Senate and she hasn’t been arrested? Does anyone know where she is? Did Trump have her dismembered? Maybe she started a fight with the wrong thugs.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
The democrats realize what a disaster she is for their hopes in the upcoming mid-terms so they've apparently locked her away in a dark dungeon in the Himalayas until after the election and until after people have had time to forget most of her flimsy story. Then they will occasionally trot her out at convenient moments to get the truly stupid among the population riled up and then they will put her back into hiding. Its all in the democrat playbook. You should read it sometime.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
GromsDad said:
The democrats realize what a disaster she is for their hopes in the upcoming mid-terms so they've apparently locked her away in a dark dungeon in the Himalayas until after the election and until after people have had time to forget most of her flimsy story. Then they will occasionally trot her out at convenient moments to get the truly stupid among the population riled up and then they will put her back into hiding. Its all in the democrat playbook. You should read it sometime.
What? The Himalayas? That’s ridiculous. She needs to be held accountable for these lies.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
GromsDad said:
Agreed. That's why she will never press civil and criminal charges against Kav.
What’s why? You think she could press civil and criminal charges against Kav?