Ireland

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
The conditions in Ireland will do the regulating. I've had multiple friends over the year do the Ireland surf trip since the Malloys put it on the map more or less. Its cold and the waves are sketchy. If I'm crossing the Atlantic to look for waves I'm either going way north of Ireland to Norway (on my bucket list) or I'm going to Spain, Portugal or the Canaries.
Theres no excuse for an east coast surfer to never have been to Europe.

Then again, there’s no Carl’s Jr there.

• Sad
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Yurip costs a fortune and we share the same surf seasons. Most of us get a week here and there and SoHemi in Latin America is the call.
Giving up 7-10 days of New Jersey in early September for a quick trip to France/Spain/Portugal seems pretty basic.

Last edited:
Reactions: mundus

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
If you’re unwilling to give up 7-10 days of New Jersey in early September for a trip to Hossegor I don’t know what to tell you.
Hossegor costs a fortune and is crowded as f--k in early September right when New Jersey is enjoying their nicest time of the year.

Unless you get eight weeks of vacation, if you live in New Jersey you're blowing your vacay when it's freezing cold or shoobie'd thicker than a Foot Locker for probably 1/3 the price.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Theres no excuse for an east coast surfer to never have been to Europe.

Then again, there’s no Carl’s Jr there.
There are so many places I'd like to go but with three kids there has been limited time and limited funds. I still haven't been to Hawaii. I wanted to go to Hawaii last month but my son wanted to go to Puerto Rico again instead. Really want to hit Nova Scotia, Iceland, Norway and Sweden. Surfing Alaska intrigues me. Bocas Del Toro looks incredible. Peru. South Africa.
Holy sh!t would I like to go to Edinburgh of the Seven Seas but have no idea how to get there but I've been drooling over that speck in the ocean on google earth for years. I don't even know if anyone has ever surfed it.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Hossegor costs a fortune and is crowded as f--k in early September right when New Jersey is enjoying their nicest time of the year.

Unless you get eight weeks of vacation, if you live in New Jersey you're blowing your vacay when it's freezing cold or shoobie'd thicker than a Foot Locker for probably 1/3 the price.
lol ok. Don't go to Europe.

HatterasGlass

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2008
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry if posted already.
Actually - no. This is worthy of 2 posts.
5:48

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
There are so many places I'd like to go but with three kids there has been limited time and limited funds. I still haven't been to Hawaii. I wanted to go to Hawaii last month but my son wanted to go to Puerto Rico again instead. Really want to hit Nova Scotia, Iceland, Norway and Sweden. Surfing Alaska intrigues me. Bocas Del Toro looks incredible. Peru. South Africa.
Holy sh!t would I like to go to Edinburgh of the Seven Seas but have no idea how to get there but I've been drooling over that speck in the ocean on google earth for years. I don't even know if anyone has ever surfed it.
sounds like you must own a good wetsuit!

Black

OTF status
Jan 1, 2015
UK
Never surfed Ireland although always meant to being so close & have friends/family there. I tried to do a trip some years ago but it got cancelled.
I have the passport though (and wetsuits!):
1709984935870.png

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Wife and I visited Ireland year before last for 2 weeks.
Drove around the whole island.
If you have a chance to visit, don't pass it up.
One of our favorite places we've visited. :jamon:

Reactions: PJ and Black