Iran drill to attack US carrier replica

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
lol. They'd be toast before they ever got that close.

Looks like they left the oil in that thing before the "attack." Bummer.

If you sunk that thing in the right place you could probably make a surf spot out of it.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Now, I am no military strategist but if you were going to attack a carrier, wouldn't you want to launch from much further away? I notice their exercise did not account for them getting the living hell strafed out of them by, say, the planes that would be launching from said carrier. Bunching the attack boats together doesn't seem wise. Perhaps some misdirection, coming from different directions and in separate waves?

We'll see how self-aware they are by whether they have glass bottom boats. If not, it's because they knew they would sink before having any time to sight-see the former Iranian Navy.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Now, I am no military strategist but if you were going to attack a carrier, wouldn't you want to launch from much further away? I notice their exercise did not account for them getting the living hell strafed out of them by, say, the planes that would be launching from said carrier. Bunching the attack boats together doesn't seem wise. Perhaps some misdirection, coming from different directions and in separate waves?

We'll see how self-aware they are by whether they have glass bottom boats. If not, it's because they knew they would sink before having any time to sight-see the former Iranian Navy.

The Iranian navy is a joke, but imho if China or Russia were to start a conventional war with the US, the first shot would be their subs attacking our carriers, and I think they'll win that round, decisively.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The Iranian navy is a joke, but imho if China or Russia were to start a conventional war with the US, the first shot would be their subs attacking our carriers, and I think they'll win that round, decisively.
So bad my computer tried to auto-correct Iranian to Italian.

Agreed about subs in a sneak attack. Although our subs would probably retaliate with glass conversion therapy within 2.5 seconds of said attack.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
This is like the Polish defending their country from German tanks with horses and lances. They had to make do with what they had.

Seems foolish to be saber rattling/pre-claiming while in a similar disadvantage.

That would be like me trying to send surf clips of myself to Slater as a way of talking sh*t to him.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Waiting for them

Phalanx 20mm

4500 rounds per minute

My friend's dad was a military contractor who made parts for that thing.

It was all hush hush, you can't tell no one.

Who am I going to tell?

That was a long time ago. I bet they got better stuff now.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
This is like the Polish defending their country from German tanks with horses and lances. They had to make do with what they had.

Seems foolish to be saber rattling/pre-claiming while in a similar disadvantage.

That would be like me trying to send surf clips of myself to Slater as a way of talking sh*t to him.
Hey, Kelly, what are you so afraid of? Where's Salami? If I win you in a surf off I get her!

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Well it is not like Trump has tried his best to provoke them, are they not allowed to defend themselves?