Insurrection!!!

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
insurrection, an organized and usually violent act of revolt or rebellion against an established government or governing authority of a nation-state or other political entity by a group of its citizens or subjects; also, any act of engaging in such a revolt.

You really do suck at this
Thanks for putting to bed the idiot notion that the 1/6 protest was an insurrection with that definition

You finally get the point of this whole thread

I’m really good at this

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
A PARTY OF COWARDS LED BY A BULLY

In the immediate aftermath of the January 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, a handful of top Republicans read the room and realized it was probably a bad look for them to condone the violent insurrection and/or the guy who incited said violent insurrection, i.e., Donald Trump. Speaking on the Senate floor, Lindsey Graham told lawmakers, “Trump and I, we’ve had a hell of a journey,” but “all I can say is count me out. Enough is enough.” House minority leader Kevin McCarthy declared Trump “bears responsibility for Wednesday’s attack on Congress by mob rioters. He should have immediately denounced the mob when he saw what was unfolding.” The mob, Mitch McConnell told his colleagues, “was fed lies. They were provoked by the president and other powerful people.” Now, thanks to new reporting from The New York Times’ Alexander Burns and Jonathan Martin, we know that Republican leadership went even further in their private rebuking of Trump and wanted him booted from the Republican Party once and for all. And that, after a few weeks of tough talk, they made the cowardly political calculation to do nothing and allow Trump to maintain his iron grip on the GOP.

Vanity Fair

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.

This episode offers two useful lessons. The first is a reminder that Republican leaders understood just how dangerous and egregious the insurrection was. They didn’t always say so publicly, but they grasped that Trump had fomented an attack on the physical seat of American democracy and on the Constitution, and was trying to steal the election. That’s why McConnell bluntly criticized Trump at first—though he did not vote to convict the former president in an impeachment trial triggered by the events of January 6. When he and McCarthy shrug off those events now and say they’ll support Trump if he’s the GOP nominee in 2024, they are committing an act of moral and political cowardice.

there is a lot of that going around !! )

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
How do you do insurrection when there's nothing to insurrect? Where was the violence?

These people are already elected to the government, they are not Ashley Babbit conspiracists who were riled up by a retard to reject the results of the legitimate election and violently overturn the government.

How can you suck so much at valid comparisons and word definitions is beyond me.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
How do you do insurrection when there's nothing to insurrect? Where was the violence?

These people are already elected to the government, they are not Ashley Babbit conspiracists who were riled up by a retard to reject the results of the legitimate election and violently overturn the government.

How can you suck so much at valid comparisons and word definitions is beyond me.
Red pill = lobotomy

Reactions: kidfury

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.

in·sur·rec·tion
/ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n/
noun
a violent uprising against an authority or government.

Over the last year, we've learned that any protest that interrupts ceremonial governmental processes is an insurrection
now do race !! :) )

race: a group of people sharing a common cultural, geographical, linguistic, or religious origin or background
I’m really good at this

now do coup and woke !! :) )

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

in·sur·rec·tion
/ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n/
noun
a violent uprising against an authority or government.

now do race !! :) )

now do coup and woke !! :) )
You're proving every single one of my points

The best thing about "insurrection" is that if it wasn't so obviously propaganda messaging it would show just how soft and weak Americans are

• Love
Reactions: sirfun