Infinity Pocket Mini/Pocket Rocket

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Might need to start a YOLO Anonymous 12 step program...."accept the boards you have and accept there are boards you cannot have"

Anyone with some insights on either model, really attracted to the Pocket Mini, short and high volume, any feedback would be great as the YOLO urge is strong.

My name is Jeff and it's been 2 months since my last board purchase.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Might need to start a YOLO Anonymous 12 step program...."accept the boards you have and accept there are boards you cannot have"

Anyone with some insights on either model, really attracted to the Pocket Mini, short and high volume, any feedback would be great as the YOLO urge is strong.

My name is Jeff and it's been 2 months since my last board purchase.

I've seen various versions of the Pocket Rocket in person and boy do they look fun.

But

The video in the link you posted shows the Pocket Mini surfs like total sh!t.

Which makes sense because there's no rail to work with.

Don't waste your money.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
yeah i'm not feeling this particular model either. it's very short and that aggressive double wing further shortens the rail line. like casa says, not enough rail to work with. nothing to push off of to hold and drive.

there are other boards on the site that look much better to me but overall i'm not super familiar with their boards.

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
I've seen various versions of the Pocket Rocket in person and boy do they look fun.

But

The video in the link you posted shows the Pocket Mini surfs like total sh!t.

Which makes sense because there's no rail to work with.

Don't waste your money.
did you see the fins at the end of the vid? Someone left em in the microwave for too long.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
did you see the fins at the end of the vid? Someone left em in the microwave for too long.
IMO the fins were a bad choice. Sometimes what you are looking at when you watch a given surfer on a given board is rider input? The surfer matters. A lot. I like the looks of the board.

Reactions: JeffRSpicoli

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Yeah those fins, I think are some company out of Oz, think someone on here posted about them.

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
IMO the fins were a bad choice. Sometimes what you are looking at when you watch a given surfer on a given board is rider input? The surfer matters. A lot. I like the looks of the board.
I like the look of it too. in that vid board looked over sized or too thick - could be operator related for sure. Could be fin related as well…

Those fins look gimmicky as fck.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I think I’d surf similar in those waves on my daughter’s 4’11 INT Blackball-beater with the super wiggly Pro-Tec fins.

That was average surfing in much above (where I live) average waves.

I will say, that a local at the spot I frequent, has praised the S-Wings in a few of his boards.

He’s a competent surfer, but I never witnessed a session where I though he was surfing better/differently than when he was using standard fins.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
Yeah the S wings are really good. I’ve got a “thruster” set and two different sets of 520 twins. because they shift the area of the fin back it’s possible to surf thrusters as twins with good results.
They would be my go to in the above mentioned board just to get some drive out of it And draw out the turns a bit