Inferno FT Review?

perfect_wave

OTF status
Dec 5, 2002
Anyone ridden one of these? There was a lot of good feedback on the other other Infernos but haven’t heard much on the quad version. Kale Brock surfs his really well.
It’s a fantastic board in DarkArts construction, not so much in PU. I’ve ridden both in a variety of conditions. The DA FT is fast, smooth, turns on a dime.

Must be ridden with the H4 quad fins to get the full effect. The board was designed to be used with these fins.

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
The search function on here is a nightmare, there's definitely a few ride reports on it in other threads....

I have the regular PU version and love it. Like @perfect_wave said it's fast, smooth and turns well :) in certain conditions I prefer how a thruster turns tho

Reactions: JDJ and j_mac
Jun 21, 2021
I have one in carbon. Like it. It is fast, like really fast and turns really well. But it does need a wave with some punch it. Once one a wave with punch you can make (almost) every section because of its speed. I do have a futures set up by the way and my carbon version is produced in Portugal.

Makoman

OTF status
Jun 23, 2003
North East
What Future fins do you ride? How do they compare to the FCS H4s? I've thought about picking up an Inferno FT but don't love the idea of needing to get FCS....

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020
What Future fins do you ride? How do they compare to the FCS H4s? I've thought about picking up an Inferno FT but don't love the idea of needing to get FCS....
yeah, me too man, same situation. wanna get it with futures fins boxes but really dont know if i should.

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
I have one in carbon. Like it. It is fast, like really fast and turns really well. But it does need a wave with some punch it. Once one a wave with punch you can make (almost) every section because of its speed. I do have a futures set up by the way and my carbon version is produced in Portugal.
May I ask where you're getting your boards from? Care to share pictures of the build? My inferno is from Euroglass France. I believe they are working on a Dank farts alternative but don't think it's available to us peasants yet.

Jun 21, 2021
Tried them first with a Feather fins AM copy in the front and their standard quad rears in the back. But that didn't work for me. Decided to give the Rasta quads a try. Bingo! Worked way better on my backside turns and felt less stiff.

Jun 21, 2021
May I ask where you're getting your boards from? Care to share pictures of the build? My inferno is from Euroglass France. I believe they are working on a Dank farts alternative but don't think it's available to us peasants yet.
From Xhapeland in Portugal. Will post some pictures when I am home.

dcurbelo

OTF status
Jan 27, 2011
Atlantic Ocean
Jack R. rides the Rasta set on his FT. That is something I’d confidently use as a reference. Mine are set with FCSII and I just plugged the H4s since the very first day. i cannot envision it working better with a different fin besides the fact that Marcio emphasizes that the board was developed to get its maximum performance using them together with the Dark Arts construction.
I truly believe that a quiver consisting of a Cheat code, I72, FT and 77+ would be the perfect one if you’d live in a place were you consistently got good waves.
98B9939B-6C69-41D2-9FC2-7743CA0385F3.jpeg

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020
Jack R. rides the Rasta set on his FT. That is something I’d confidently use as a reference. Mine are set with FCSII and I just plugged the H4s since the very first day. i cannot envision it working better with a different fin besides the fact that Marcio emphasizes that the board was developed to get its maximum performance using them together with the Dark Arts construction.
I truly believe that a quiver consisting of a Cheat code, I72, FT and 77+ would be the perfect one if you’d live in a place were you consistently got good waves.
View attachment 157905
Nice board, yours? I think i72 and cheat code can go perfect even in bad waves...