If you were the Commissioner of the NFL.......

Makule

Michael Peterson status
Aug 31, 2004
Somewhere between heaven and hell
How would you handle the last week of the season and into the start of the play-offs?
When will it be the right time to make an announcement regarding the rescheduling last night's game?
Will the game be officially cancelled and never to be played?
Does the play-offs scheduled move a week or two to the right?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I think they call it a 0-0 tie and move on from there.

During the fantasy football finals... So much money at stake in that game. Brutal.
Agreed on this. When would you play the game? If it was two 4-10 teams, easy to send it to a tie but a little trickier with playoff seeding at stake.
Massive FF implications no question.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The real winners:

The Chiefs.
Anti vaxxers.
I heard the vaccine also got Tua and Foles.

Korey Stringer was simply dreaming of future vaccines and look what happened.

Maybe Stidham will light it up again against the Chiefs. Yes, first gamer with no recent film study so not truly representative but man, he made Carr look old, rusty, and indecisive by comparison. Carr's Pocket Panic is incomparable so does not apply to that list. Those INTs were some ugly ducklings though with no hope of swan status - take the sack next time...

donger

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 17, 2012
OC
it's crazy that his breathing stopped and that he had to be revived

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Another cardiac event with a seemingly very healthy young adult. Seem to be seeing more of these in the last few years. Nothing to see here . . .
While I'm a firm believer that the boosters can cause cardiac issues in otherwise healthy, middle aged men, this was the result of the hard hit to the chest.
When my boys played lacrosse, they were required to wear chest protection due to very rare/odd chance of taking a hard shot to a particular part of the chest that apparently can cause the heart to stop.
Hope the guy makes a full recovery.

Reactions: Kento

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
You didn't also hear about Darryl Stingley and the tetanus shot he received the day before? :cry:
That's the guy I was thinking of. I remember watching that. The game wasn't stopped and then cancelled then, has there been a change in the rules?

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
While I'm a firm believer that the boosters can cause cardiac issues in otherwise healthy, middle aged men, this was the result of the hard hit to the chest.
When my boys played lacrosse, they were required to wear chest protection due to very rare/odd chance of taking a hard shot to a particular part of the chest that apparently can cause the heart to stop.
Hope the guy makes a full recovery.
The shear number of times that these guys get hit in the chest over the course of a game/season throughout the history of the game of football, and yet this is the first time it caused someones heart to stop would make me believe otherwise. If it were chance, odds of it taking this long to happen would probably be like getting eaten by a shark while getting attacked by a bear and then struck by lightning. It was something else. Maybe he was on meds? No idea...

Regarding the vaccine, we should stop calling it that. "Vaccine" would suggest it prevents something, which it doesn't. As far as the "it lessens symptoms" argument, that's impossible to prove. Eventually it will be a part of the DNA of the species due to people trusting Big Pharma and our corrupt healthcare system enough to inoculate their kids with who knows what...

Good for the stockholders, though. Record profits.