If you had one concert to back in time to...

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Ike & Tina Turner & The Ikette's @ Cisco's in Manhattan Beach.
Glen Cambell as well.

The Chambers Brother @ The Insomniac on Pier Ave, Hermosa Beach & The Waikiki Shell
The Byrds, on Sunset Blvd, downstairs in the building that would later become The Playboy Club,West.
Jim Morrison @The Whiskey on Sunset Blvd, just up from The Byrds
The Righteous Brothers at a bar near the Long Beach traffic Circle ~ twice
Hoyt Axton, The Byrds & more @The Golden Bear, Huntington Beach

yada, yada,yada .....

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
Sounds cliche but saw a few shows at cbgb’s before it shut. Bouncing souls comes to mind.

alotta good memories in the 90’s of nj/ny punk/hardcore scene. Starland ballroom. Etc

one weird one, MOE at asbury park convention center on NYE. Specifics are hazy but my brain said it was epic and im not into jam bands Or psychedelics. Rebubula

Last edited:
Reactions: rowjimmytour

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
There are so many bands I wish I'd seen that I can't pick one show. I guess any Hendrix show would be at the top of the list, plus one of the Hawkwind shows when they were doing Space Ritual. And Ziggy-era Bowie, Exploding Plastic Inevitable-era Velvet Underground, and any early-ish Stooges show, and the13th Floor Elevators, and early Ike and Tina, and maybe X-Ray-Spex, and . . . someone invent a time machine . . . .
Every now and then you run onto somebody who saw Hendrix at the Earl Warren in '67 I think it was. Inevitably their eyes just sort of glaze over and they get this faraway look about them when talking about the experience.

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
best band i shared a stage with was probably slayer. just in beast mode in 2002. best gig we ever played, probably opening for slayer, to 300,000 people. hard to top a slayer gig.
Gotta agree. Saw them in DC at the Warner Theater for the Reign in Blood tour. It was the closest I'd seen to all out war between the audience and the band's bouncers. The venue's security was overwhelmed within minutes and the first five
to ten rows of seating were flattened by the crowd. Out came the band's roadies, bouncers whatever you want to call them
and it was game on. The stage was a battlefield with both sides getting pulled off the stage and getting pulled in the pit. Araya did nothing to tone down the situation, it just added to the intensity of the show. Seared in my memory.

Seasons In The Abyss tour at Hammerjacks in Baltimore was another super sick one.

Last edited:
Reactions: rowjimmytour