If the sun has a period of greater intensity, what do the science denying Climate Cultists propose we do to combat it?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
are you getting big hearts

I never got really good moist hearts...they tended to come out small
and kind of stringy

I started letting them flower since the flowers were more enjoyable
than the eating
I don't get eating artichokes.

The juice ain't worth the squeeze.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
are you getting big hearts

I never got really good moist hearts...they tended to come out small
and kind of stringy

I started letting them flower since the flowers were more enjoyable
than the eating
Ours are turning out really good. As good as store bought in terms of size and proportion. Better than what you’d find at a grocery store taste/freshness wise.

Nice big tender hearts.

Mrs. Duffy has legit farmers in her lineage. Also, we buried a cat right in that spot.

Reactions: afoaf

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
According to scientific consensus, variations in solar activity play a minor role in climate variations. So there’s your answer.

Would the role of the sun play a greater or a lesser roll than human activity. Simple yes or no. Thanks.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Would the role of the sun play a greater or a lesser roll than human activity. Simple yes or no. Thanks.
As it is currently understood, one day the sun will puff up to be a red giant and fry our lovely planet.

So long term, the sun will win.

On shorter terms, there have been coronal mass ejections that have blasted Earth with a few gigatons of solar "atmosphere", like the Carrington Event. Something close to this happened in 2012 and missed us by 8-10 days.

So shorter term, the sun will knock civilization for a loop.

At present, we can't do much about both of these things.

Regardless, I still like the concept of primum non nocere.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Regardless, I still like the concept of primum non nocere.
We can agree on that principal.

When everything about the environment gets spun based on a politicized economic bullshit theory about man warming the planet credibility is lost and nothing beneficial gets done. If you want to be effective on improving the environment you have to find common ground toward an agreeable goal. "Climate change" as we know it is 90% political and 10% complete horseshit. Trash, chemical waste, carcinogenic pollutants and other things like those are areas where real work can be done and where there can be consensus.

Not to mention the boy who cried wolf on every bullshit claim made about the climate in the past 50 years. Give it a rest on the climate. Its out of our control. Focus on what is real and tangible.

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
what is so perennially frustrating is your absolute inability to understand that you're wrong. no one can explain it to you. hundreds have tried and have shuffled off shaking their heads