If I were a rich Canadian

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
A million bucks won't buy sh!t anywhere nice, certainly not in any surf town or ski town. Unless that nice place is "undiscovered".
Nice and undiscovered? If it’s nice it’s been discovered.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Way too far from the beach
When our youngest was on the way my wife wanted a big house on the mainland. We had a buyer lined up and we had picked out a very nice 4 bedroom Colonial on a big lot 2 and a half miles from the ocean as the crow flies. It would have been a dream house for most people and tremendously nicer than our house near the beach. It was however no less than a 15 minute drive from the nearest decent surf break in off-season traffic. After driving from that house to my favorite surf spot a couple of times I got cold feet and pulled the plug on the whole deal. I'm still not ready to move further than walking distance from the ocean almost 20 years later no matter how much nicer the house might be. Even after getting wrecked in Sandy its not even a question.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I don’t want to see my neighbors at that amount of money.
I can’t see any from inside the house.
1708897988820.jpeg
From the house you can see through the trees there is one under construction and three more that you can’t see.
1708898173527.jpeg
In front of that street there are three under construction and three completed.
1708898322901.jpeg
From there back five completed three under construction. The one in the back is on two lots and looks to be around 2000 sq ft first floor, I think it will be three floors. Probably lodging.

The vast majority, 80%, have been started in the last three years.

Ten years ago we had zero neighbors within two miles. During the covid lockdown, besides the six of us (and a few smuggled in guests), there were four other neighbors out here. Six people in the water when everyone that surfed was out.

As places go, very few people would find it a nice place to live.

Down on the beach is another shitshow but I can’t see it from the hammock.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
View attachment 173628
From the house you can see through the trees there is one under construction and three more that you can’t see.
View attachment 173629
View attachment 173630
From there back five completed three under construction. The one in the back is on two lots and looks to be around 2000 sq ft first floor, I think it will be three floors. Probably lodging.

Ten years ago we had zero neighbors within two miles. During the covid lockdown, besides the six of us (and a few smuggled in guests), there were four other neighbors out here. Six people in the water when everyone that surfed was out.

You got it made!

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
You got it made!
As you told me on your trip to Punta Mita, not a bad place to relax at all. Living and relaxing aren’t the same for most people. Whatever you need/want to entertain yourself (+ wife, family, and friends) if you don’t have it you won’t find it here. That lack of social interaction requires a ride down the dirt road for starters.

Your Moms Dildo

Michael Peterson status
Jan 17, 2014
Next to the Lube
View attachment 173628
View attachment 173629
View attachment 173630

Damn, I should have married better.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
View attachment 173628
View attachment 173629
View attachment 173630

Love the pics of the compound bro. View from the hammocks is sick. Easy living only when it isn’t.
Ngl, wayyy less ramshackle than I pictured based off your homemade bong pics

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
I don’t think you know what “rich” means.
Everyone is saying rich Canadians move to warmer climates. I dunno...

I loved surfing in Vancouver Island. Uncrowded waves, adventure, heavy water, discomfort. Coming home to that, and doing it again the next day would be pretty cool.

Reactions: Hump