I know what the Pittman Robertson Act is

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Let’s see where some of you stand on this. But first, participate in the poll.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
I do now, and I voted Yes.

Sounds to me like this is political theater in response to political theater.
Unfortunately the writer of the article demonstrated a fair amount ignorance on the general subject:

"It’s also worth noting that, according to the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), gun sales are at unprecedented levels, and firearm production has risen substantially since the 1990s. If Pittman-Robertson was hurting the gun industry, we would expect the opposite. My sources also tell me that support for Rep. Clyde’s bill among gun makers is essentially nil. These are the folks who have to pay the excise tax well before the consumer purchases the product."

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
Ignorance how?

generally you explain claims made in rebuttal.
Why in the fcuk would one expect a 1937 Act to suddenly impact gun sales beginning in the 90's? I'd bet that about 99.999999% of gun purchases are made in complete ignorance of the Pittman-Robertson Act of 1937.

That's why.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Why in the fcuk would one expect a 1937 Act to suddenly impact gun sales beginning in the 90's? I'd bet that about 99.999999% of gun purchases are made in complete ignorance of the Pittman-Robertson Act of 1937.

That's why.
Ooooff bud you might want to delete that while you still can.

I’ll delete mine in pity.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
That’s the line you said you had a problem with. So what’s the problem?
"It’s also worth noting that, according to the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), gun sales are at unprecedented levels, and firearm production has risen substantially since the 1990s. If Pittman-Robertson was hurting the gun industry, we would expect the opposite. My sources also tell me that support for Rep. Clyde’s bill among gun makers is essentially nil. These are the folks who have to pay the excise tax well before the consumer purchases the product."

No, we should not "expect the opposite"

"Why in the fcuk would one expect a 1937 Act to suddenly impact gun sales beginning in the 90's? I'd bet that about 99.999999% of gun purchases are made in complete ignorance of the Pittman-Robertson Act of 1937."

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
“Ryan "Cal" Callaghan is MeatEater's Director of Conservation and a national board member of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers.”

“Activist Facts identifies BHA’s largest funding sources as the Western Conservation Foundation (WCF), which in 2011 and 2012 donated $278,423 to BHA. WCF has given to other known far-left radical groups including Earth Justice and the Tides Foundation. BHA also receives donations from the Wilburforce Foundation, Pew Charitable Trusts, and several other foundations known for their extremist ideological leanings.

Land Tawny, the director of BHA, is also a leftist operative who ran the liberal political action committee (PAC) with an equally-deceptive name, “Montana Hunters and Anglers Leadership Fund (MHA),” which, according to Activist Facts:

…spent $1.1 million against Republican U.S. Senate candidate Danny Rehberg, who was challenging Democratic U.S. Sen. Jon Tester. [Land Tawny’s PAC] also spent $500,000 in support of the libertarian candidate as a strategy of drawing votes away from the Republican. MHA received several hundred thousand dollars from the League of Conservation Voters, a liberal environmentalist group.”

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig