Hydroxychloroquine is the Cure

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Let's work within the parameters of statistical significance.

If you or a loved one are diagnosed with COVID19 today, especially your 90 year old grandad, make sure to tell them NOT to take any hydroxychloroquine or zpack because there haven't been any large studies for COVID19.
If I was a doctor I would look at both remdesivir (currently in stage 3 clinical trials, ending next month) and hydroxychloroquine (currently conflicting anecdotal evidence, recruiting for clinical trials)

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Typical non answer you're famous for.

The answer is we don't know.

I'm on the side of "It doesn't work."

But my experience is anecdotal and only with ICU level patients.
LOL it was a non answer because you gave a non answer; and continued to lie and misconstrue my words.

and now you’re on the side of “it doesn’t work”.

you are unreal my friend.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
afoaf said:
it was old news because of one french crackpot and the collective
thirst for any hope "in the midst of a pandemic", as you put it

Then what is this?

Thousands of Doctors: Yes, Hydroxychloroquine Works Against Wuhan Coronavirus

afoaf said:
there are articles floating around talking about how some doctors
have stopped prescribing the combo precisely because of side effects

If Paquinil has such dire side effect then why is it an FDA approved drug? How has it been in overwhelming use for over 70 years?

afoaf said:
I've already got my plate out for a heaping serving of crow

Good, because your ally Cuomo, in BY FAR the hardest hit state, outlawed even trying Paquinil for fear that it will succeed. Here, I'll go to your leftist "Politifact":

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/apr/02/facebook-posts/chloroquine-not-banned-michigan-new-york-and-nevad/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On March 23, Cuomo signed an executive order restricting the prescription of chloroquine "except when written as prescribed for an FDA-approved indication; or as part of a state approved clinical trial related to COVID-19 for a patient who has tested positive for COVID-19."

The state has acquired more than 800,000 doses of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine for clinical trials. And while the Food and Drug Administration has said there are no approved drugs to treat or prevent the coronavirus.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Politifact conveniently leaves out, even now, is the fact that, on March 28 the FDA issued emergency approval of using hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19 treatment. Between that and the backlash which was already developing, Cuomo's edict was trumped.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-daily-roundup-march-30-2020

As always, the question is, "Compared to what?"

Trump2020

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 26, 2020
you take your marching orders from the snake oil hawking charlatan looking for an easy out

I'll defer to medical professionals

but you should definitely go take some chloroquine!
the medical professionals agree that it works and there are no side effects. Get your head out of your left wing biased ass.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
LOL it was a non answer because you gave a non answer; and continued to lie and misconstrue my words.
Link?

Really, I'd love to see the lies I told...

Put up some substance, try hard not to run away and post the giggly emoji...

and now you’re on the side of “it doesn’t work”.
Was I on a different side previously?

Link to a post where I said it worked.

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If Paquinil has such dire side effect then why is it an FDA approved drug? How has it been in overwhelming use for over 70 years?
DOOOOOD, HAVNT U HERRRD?

PLAKINIL KILLZ IN JUST 2 GRAMS DOSAGE OMG! (NEVERMIND PLENTY OF OTHER COMMON DRUQS CAN KILL MUCH EASIER)

THERE WUZ AN ARTICKLE WHERE A CHILD GOT AHOLD OF A BOTTLE AND ATE THEM; AND ANOTHER WARE SOME FOOL ACCIDENTALLY OVERDOSED.

S
O

D
A
N
G
E
R
O
U
S

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
the medical professionals agree that it works and there are no side effects. Get your head out of your left wing biased ass.

Medical Professionals like Dr. Oz? I'm not on board till a real professional like the famed Dr. Galazkiewicz chimes in...

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
There you go, running away again.

No answer of substance.

Just throwing out statements you cant back up.
You ask about when you have lied and misconstrued my posts and the following post you do just that. I don’t have to run away when you immediately provide the context for me.

the irony is we have essentially been on the same side in our opinions of the drug.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
You ask about when you have lied and misconstrued my posts and the following post you do just that. I don’t have to run away when you immediately provide the context for me.
I''l ask you again.

What lies have I told?

Links please.

The above post where I mocked the absolute stupidity of the plaquenil panic was not directed at you (although you were somewhat part of it because you were posting and saying the same thing the plaquenil panickers were).

the irony is we have essentially been on the same side in our opinions of the drug.
My opinion is based solely on what I have seen anecdotally.

I'm not sure how you formulate an opinion with no firsthand experience in the absence of peer reviewed data... (?)

If Trump never opened his mouth I can assure you we wouldn't even be arguing about this. (Note, no arguments about remdesivir here)

This is not about hyd/zpack.

It's about the people that hate Trump.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
I’ve posted and gotten my opinion from peer reviewed literature and scientists and medical professionals in the field.

instead of arguing for weeks over this I would have loved to have heard your first hand experience, though the little substance I got out of you it appeared you had none with chloroquine?

instead you continued to claim I was trying to opine that the drug should not be used at all, despite very clearly claiming I was in agreement that it should be tried in the very least and continue with trials.

happy?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
The problem is that Swedish people are not fucktards like you.

They don't screech about the loss of the freedom to assemble. (FUREVUR)

That's why there's no need to enforce it in Sweden, people understand and respect each other.

They don't think that they have no responsibility towards others.

You know, "collectivism".

a.k.a. Civicness

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
the swedes are doing on their own what people in California were demonstrably
unable/unwilling to do. their medical infrastructure, per capita, is better equiped
as well.

Japan did well for a while for similar reasons, but they are seeing outbreaks and
are now taking a more top down approach.

bottom up approaches work well in societies with some collectivist tendencies,
but since we're all fiercely independent cowboy constitutionalists, no one here
thinks they need to social distance or otherwise maker personal sacrifices.

KULCHURD

(y)

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I find it amusing that the same people who cry that they don't want some government bureaucrat making medical decisions for them when it comes to the healthcare debate are drinking the kool-aid when the President of the country is pushing an unproven drug on them.

Reactions: Aruka and Mr Doof

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I find it amusing that the same people who cry that they don't want some government bureaucrat making medical decisions for them when it comes to the healthcare debate are drinking the kool-aid when the President of the country is pushing an unproven drug on them.
That's not what's happening. This has been tried in several countries (ACSHUALLY READ WATZ BEEN POASTED), anecdotally with some success though without controls and some other problems, and it's worth a try here.

During H1N1, President Obama got a flu shot and encouraged others to do the same. Flu shots don't always work (often they don't), sometimes they're harmful. There are no RCTs of flu shots for each flu season. No one accused him of pushing an unproven drug or having a conflicting interest with pharmaceutical companies. He was trying to set a good example for the public and prevent deaths by encouraging us to get a flu shot.

Same here. Public officials we might not like actually have the good of the country in mind. I don't like Gavin Newsome, but I think he's doing what he thinks is best to save lives. It's cynical and false to say otherwise. You are an adult, right?