Hydroxychloroquine - done

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
Retraction—Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine with or without a macrolide for treatment of COVID-19: a multinational registry analysis

After publication of our LancetArticle,
several concerns were raised with respect to the veracity of the data and analyses conducted by Surgisphere Corporation and its founder and our co-author, Sapan Desai, in our publication. We launched an independent third-party peer review of Surgisphere with the consent of Sapan Desai to evaluate the origination of the database elements, to confirm the completeness of the database, and to replicate the analyses presented in the paper.

Our independent peer reviewers informed us that Surgisphere would not transfer the full dataset, client contracts, and the full ISO audit report to their servers for analysis as such transfer would violate client agreements and confidentiality requirements. As such, our reviewers were not able to conduct an independent and private peer review and therefore notified us of their withdrawal from the peer-review process.

We always aspire to perform our research in accordance with the highest ethical and professional guidelines. We can never forget the responsibility we have as researchers to scrupulously ensure that we rely on data sources that adhere to our high standards. Based on this development, we can no longer vouch for the veracity of the primary data sources. Due to this unfortunate development, the authors request that the paper be retracted.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
It was a good idea.

It didn't work.

The Iranians thought alcohol was a good Idea. so they started distilling it and drinking it. Iran is not like backwoods Kentucky.

They poisoned a couple hunnert people before they figured it out.

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
I spoke to the wife of friend of mine at a party at our house yesterday. She had contracted the corona virus in early March and was sick for a month. Her physicians treated her with hyrdroxychloroquine and erythromycin. She credited that treatment with keeping her out of the hospital. She’s fine now.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
FDA's latest

Blurb:

The Food and Drug Administration said Monday it is ending its emergency use authorization for chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drugs backed by President Donald Trump to combat Covid-19.

The agency determined the drugs were “unlikely to be effective in treating COVID-19 for the authorized uses in the EUA.”

“Additionally, in light of ongoing serious cardiac adverse events and other serious side effects, the known and potential benefits of CQ and HCQ no longer outweigh the known and potential risks for the authorized use,” the FDA wrote in its notice Monday.

The FDA issued the emergency use authorization for the drugs in March. The EUA meant that doctors would be allowed to use the drugs on patients hospitalized with Covid-19 even though they had not been formally approved by the agency.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I spoke to the wife of friend of mine at a party at our house yesterday. She had contracted the corona virus in early March and was sick for a month. Her physicians treated her with hyrdroxychloroquine and erythromycin. She credited that treatment with keeping her out of the hospital. She’s fine now.
FDA's latest

Blurb:

The Food and Drug Administration said Monday it is ending its emergency use authorization for chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drugs backed by President Donald Trump to combat Covid-19.

The agency determined the drugs were “unlikely to be effective in treating COVID-19 for the authorized uses in the EUA.”

“Additionally, in light of ongoing serious cardiac adverse events and other serious side effects, the known and potential benefits of CQ and HCQ no longer outweigh the known and potential risks for the authorized use,” the FDA wrote in its notice Monday.

The FDA issued the emergency use authorization for the drugs in March. The EUA meant that doctors would be allowed to use the drugs on patients hospitalized with Covid-19 even though they had not been formally approved by the agency.

so.....done?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
or maybe she just stayed out of the hospital cause she didn’t have it that bad like the majority of those who get it?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

Did they start her on the therapy at the beginning, middle, or end of her infection?

Also, you should probably submit your work to the New England Journal of Medicine? They might need to hear this.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
FDA's latest

Blurb:

Did the FDA inform the CDC that hydroxychloroquine was such a risky drug? No mention of cardiac adverse events in their blurb on it for treatment of arthritis and as prophylaxis for malaria:
Hydroxychloroquine is a relatively well tolerated medicine. The most common adverse reactions reported are stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, and headache. These side effects can often be lessened by taking hydroxychloroquine with food. Hydroxychloroquine may also cause itching in some people. All medicines may have some side effects. Minor side effects such as nausea, occasional vomiting, or diarrhea usually do not require stopping the antimalarial drug. If you cannot tolerate your antimalarial drug, see your health care provider; other antimalarial drugs are available

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
how does she know it was the hydro that kept her out of hospital?

Last edited: