Huntington Beach - Massive Protest - Surfers Revolt!!!

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Fixed it for you. Everything Covid is now 100% politicized.
I think it just happens that #MAGA #KAGA and younger people who don't care about others, especially the elderly, are leading this revolt.

The division happened naturally, it's not a product of the media.

#MAGA dummies, ageists, libertarians, anti-vaxxers and people who put money ahead of life itself, seem to be joining forces on this one.

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 3.10.45 PM.png

• Love
Reactions: Trump2020

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
You get back what you put out there and Newsom closing OC beaches feels like passive aggressive spite. I think he just lost the state with that move. Now people are going to do the opposite of what he says, not because they believe in the opposite but to spite him.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
You get back what you put out there and Newsom closing OC beaches feels like passive aggressive spite. I think he just lost the state with that move. Now people are going to do the opposite of what he says, not because they believe in the opposite but to spite him.
Pretty much. At this point, they are both spiting each other.

More cut-off noses than the dumpster outside a Beverly Hills plastic surgery office.

• Haha
Reactions: $kully and keenfish

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
We can all see his rationale, he saw the videos and photos and lashed out. Like a bully. Now you spite the bully.
It's pretty the interchange between Bender and Principal Vernon in Breakfast Club. How many detentions can you incur? Although in that case, it's only Bender who got the additional detentions, not the rest of the group.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I think it just happens that #MAGA #KAGA and younger people who don't care about others, especially the elderly, are leading this revolt.

The division happened naturally, it's not a product of the media.

#MAGA dummies, ageists, libertarians, anti-vaxxers and people who put money ahead of life itself, seem to be joining forces on this one.

View attachment 90388
its a false choice

you can’t drive on fumes forever

you can’t have 25%+ employment for long without massive social strife

no one is choosing death

this is the hand we were dealt

Reactions: PRCD

MitchellC

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 28, 2016
Yeah, people seem to forget the cliche "there's no cure for the common cold"

The common cold is a coronavirus

If they were competent they wouldn't be working in government, they'd be making more money on a corporate board
Depends on how you define competence. Is an award winning actor competent? What about a sociopath who can appear honest & sincere?

Politics is a valid career path for financially ambitious reptilians. Clinton demonstrated how to combine legal maneuvers with muscle to ensure longevity.

To expect any level of actual services performed is foolish & naive. Its why the wealthy dont follow rules/laws, but rather simply lawyer up/pay off.

The "its for the women & children" schtick (now morphed as stay home stay safe) should have every clued in person immediately looking for the angle.

Reactions: PRCD

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
When does gavin call in the national guard, what happened to them?
I thought they were all hunkered down waiting to bring everyone into compliance

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
Depends on how you define competence. Is an award winning actor competent? What about a sociopath who can appear honest & sincere?

Politics is a valid career path for financially ambitious reptilians. Clinton demonstrated how to combine legal maneuvers with muscle to ensure longevity.

To expect any level of actual services performed is foolish & naive. Its why the wealthy dont follow rules/laws, but rather simply lawyer up/pay off.

The "its for the women & children" schtick (now morphed as stay home stay safe) should have every clued in person immediately looking for the angle.
Sometimes you make a lot of sense, but then I have to remind myself you're the booster for wild financial opportunities in Baja California

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
My question is, Where were all these protesters that are complaining their beaches shouldn’t be shut down when real societal problems like
Any lives matter, lgbtq, many international wars and crimes problems, human rights violations, womens rights, etc etc etc.? These are things that people protest about regularly that actually damage and separate our society a lot more than shutting down their beach for a week or two. IMO Most of these people protesting the beach closures are first time protesters. Do you really think any minority unemployed people are protesting? I highly doubt it. It’s one of the only thing they can complain about just because they aren’t sick, yet!

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Just saw these protests covered on the local news. Man, the media really picked some losers as examples for your state. Sorry!

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

MitchellC

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 28, 2016
The closures and social distancing were as a result of information learned from the 1918 pandemic. Historians noted lower rates of infection in cities that cancelled parades, etc. It’s not science, really. It’s crude, but better than nothing.
The protests are partisan and fomented by right wing talk radio and Fox News related organizations.
Like a tidal wave, there is absolutely no way to stop an infectious pandemic.

All life forms have evolved together over billions of years. Viruses, mammals et al each evolve a different strain, a different defense through each generational cycle.

But the dance must be performed to determine the winners & losers. The original shutdown was an attempt to avoid a catastrophic initial wave that could have collapsed the health care system.

Thats it; not avoiding nor eliminating an eventual 60-70% infection rate. So the key is to push the time period when everyone will eventually be infected to the longer days of spring/summer.

Any further attempts at delaying the inevitable, immutable laws of nature are self defeating. Worse, they corode and corrupt the very elements of civilization that can provide the necessary support as the pandemic works its way through the population.

Everyone in any position of authority knows this. So the different approaches reflect regional/voter political calculus.

Knowing this, smart money goes long in fundamentals in red states, and gets the fvck out of blues.

Calif is a mixed bag due to its size/diversity. It wont perform as well as FL or TX, but thank doG its not HI.

That place is gonna burn.