How the administration is handling the coronavirus pandemic.....

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I actually have this coin:shaka:. I bought one as an xmas gift for a family member who's a big fan of Trump, so I added another to my cart for little more silver to my collection. I suppose if you're gonna make claims, don't make them on a coin?

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 9.43.56 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I actually have this coin:shaka:. I bought one as an xmas gift for a family member who's a big fan of Trump, so I added another to my cart for little more silver to my collection. I suppose if you're gonna make claims, don't make them on a coin?

View attachment 88597

That list needs a lot more stuff added to it:

-Highest number of unemployment claims ever
-Largest stock market dive in history
-200,000 dead, but at least it won't be 2 million
-I don't bear any responsiblity
-It's going to just go away like a miracle.
-It's their new hoax.

What did I forget?

Last edited:

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
That list needs a lot more stuff added to it:

-Highest number of unemployment claims ever
-Largest stock market dive in history
-200,000 dead, but at least it won't be 2 million
-I don't bear any responsiblity
-It's going to just go away like a miracle.
-It's their new hoax.

What did I forget?

Not a lot of social distancing going on at that meeting

Maybe if there was a deodorant ban, people would remember to stay about 6 feet away from each other

Reactions: hal9000

Uberkuque

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 19, 2014
Boston Globe: Trump has blood on his hands

Serious accusations, but with basis in fact. If Trump intentionally minimized our response to the imminent arrival of CV just to boost his reelection chances, that is, in my opinion, criminally negligent behavior, and the deaths that could have been prevented are in fact attributable to Trump's malfeasance

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Boston Globe: Trump has blood on his hands

It's totally insane to push this all as being Trump's fault.

The US was totally unprepared for this.

You can only prepare so much for this sort of disaster, but we weren't prepared at all.

Guys like Michael Osterholm were screaming from the rooftops about this lack of preparedness for pandemics but no one listened.

This is a product of DECADES of not being prepared, and not thinking about being prepared.

The article pretends a system of brains and materials were in place to handle something like this - it's a completely false premise.

Last edited:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

You can only prepare so much for this sort of disaster, but we weren't prepared at all.

Guys like Michael Osterholm were screaming from the rooftops about this lack of preparedness but no one listened.

This is a product of DECADES of not being prepared, and not thinking about being prepared.

Intel agencies gave briefings ever since Trumby took office. They made zero preparations, therefore a good deal of responsibility lies with the Trumby admin.

On Sanjay Gupta's podcast Fauci outlined previous admins responses and preparations. Without really saying it, Fauci very clearly indicated that Trumby did nothing since taking office.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018

Guys like Michael Osterholm were screaming from the rooftops about this lack of preparedness for pandemics but no one listened.

The article pretends a system of brains and materials were in place to handle something like this - it's a completely false premise.
Come on now, being in the business and taking risks for the rest of us which I deeply respect and appreciate you are gonna give Don the Con a pass of this as usual?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Intel agencies gave briefings ever since Trumby took office. They made zero preparations, therefore a good deal of responsibility lies with the Trumby admin.

On Sanjay Gupta's podcast Fauci outlined previous admins responses and preparations. Without really saying it, Fauci very clearly indicated that Trumby did nothing since taking office.

It might make you feel better to think that Trump could have solved all this.

Michael Osterholm has been screaming about this lack of preparedness long before Trump even came in the picture.

This is the product of decades of complacency and you will see this over the coming weeks and months.

We don't have the supplies or manpower to deal with this because nobody ever took the idea of a pandemic seriously.

And given a few months notice there was nothing that could have really been done anyway (besides closing the border, a major step in the right direction per Fauci, despite the criticism) because we were never, ever prepared.

Something that is key here in the long run is we need good source/contact tracing. And we don't/won't have it. That takes time and serious planning - years - in a country this large.

Reactions: afoaf

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Come on now, being in the business and taking risks for the rest of us which I deeply respect and appreciate you are gonna give Don the Con a pass of this as usual?
It's absurd to pin it on Trump.

It's decades of lack of preparation.

"We can’t fix all the years of neglect in preparing for priority diseases in time for this outbreak." - Michale Osterholm

If you have been listening to Osterholm his main gripe with Trump is he's not leveling with the public about just how unprepared we are - because we have ALWAYS been unprepared.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
In no way is the Virus Trumps fault, but he has handled it poorly and deserves every bit of criticism. He wants to be President without ever being held responsible for anything, true leadership right rubes?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
It might make you feel better to think that Trump could have solved all this.

Michael Osterholm has been screaming about this lack of preparedness long before Trump even came in the picture.

This is the product of decades of complacency and you will see this over the coming weeks and months.

We don't have the supplies or manpower to deal with this because nobody ever took the idea of a pandemic seriously.

And given a few months notice there was nothing that could have really been done anyway (besides closing the border, a major step in the right direction per Fauci, despite the criticism) because we were never, ever prepared.

Something that is key here in the long run is we need good source/contact tracing. And we don't/won't have it. That takes time and serious planning - years - in a country this large.
I have long hated the mentality that because we are Americans, we are insulated from everything and nothing bad can ever happen to us.

Chickens coming home to roost.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

Did you read far enough to get to the part where casa said “This is a product of DECADES of not being prepared...”?

How dense are you to expect the tweeting president with a background in failed real estate developments can personally do anything? He’s not a doctor (like you) or a constitutional lawyer (like you) or an expert in anything other then the one trait that you share, slumlord. Pendejo works for the both of you too.

Keeping in mind that the president had his own tv reality show the only thing more inane than him making the tweets is you repeating them here.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
In no way is the Virus Trumps fault, but he has handled it poorly and deserves every bit of criticism. He wants to be President without ever being held responsible for anything, true leadership right rubes?
There is absolutely room for criticism.

But the overreaching fact here is something is always going to be handled poorly if there is nothing to handle it with in the first place.

You can't take the roast out of the oven without an oven mitt - you'll have to take it out somehow - but you're bound to make a fool of yourself doing it.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
There is absolutely room for criticism.

But the overreaching fact here is something is always going to be handled poorly if there is nothing to handle it with in the first place.

You can't take the roast out of the oven without an oven mitt - you'll have to take it out somehow - but you're bound to make a fool of yourself doing it.
you keep using the words: nothing, all, solved

Nothing could have stopped this from happening here. the world is reliant on global interaction.
Nobody is saying it is all of cheeto's fault. just stupid statement
Nobody can solve this. this is bigger than any one person or gov. to solve, to resolve will be a process for all people and gov's.

how many times do you need to hear he has been neglectful in his responsibilities? which is well document using his own words and actions.
such bullshit

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
exactly. The actual virus isn’t his fault. But his response has been abysmal.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
It's absurd to pin it on Trump.

It's decades of lack of preparation.

"We can’t fix all the years of neglect in preparing for priority diseases in time for this outbreak." - Michale Osterholm

If you have been listening to Osterholm his main gripe with Trump is he's not leveling with the public about just how unprepared we are - because we have ALWAYS been unprepared.
Would you be in favor of slashing the defense budget and putting the money into public health?