How many erbbers currently have covid ?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Speaking of Puna. What ever happened to Puna Bud? Used to get some back in the late 70's. At least that's what the pot guy told us we were getting. :shrug: :monkey:
This. A couple the guys ago, there'd be some stuff on cycles. Jack Herer, Silver Haze, Puna, and Train Wreck were the most common. The Jack and Silver were really nice. The Puna was pretty close to, or the equal of, the Train Wreck.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I got my second PCR test back this morning, 5 days after the initial. There was a glimmer of hope that I'd be able to go back to work earlier after getting the "new" quarantine instructions since my symptoms were light early, all but disappeared over the last few days. Combined with a negative test, I'd be back to work.

As expected, still positive. Still stuck at home through Wednesday.

Either way I was still stuck in the second bedroom while my wife occupies the rest of the house.

Waves are pumping out front today.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I got my second PCR test back this morning, 5 days after the initial. There was a glimmer of hope that I'd be able to go back to work earlier after getting the "new" quarantine instructions since my symptoms were light early, all but disappeared over the last few days. Combined with a negative test, I'd be back to work.

Either way I was still stuck in the second bedroom while my wife occupies the rest of the house.

If they’re gonna make you show a negative PCR result you’re gonna be on the sidelines for a while.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

I'm being told not to take PCR tests for 90 days after testing positive. Apparently they're so sensitive that they'll detect it in your system for up to 3 months after being sick. If your employer is requiring a negative test to return to work ask them if a rapid antigen test will suffice and seek one out. My work policy currently doesn't require testing to return to work. Just 10 days from a positive test and a phone interview with a nurse re: symptoms. They didn't seem worried about lingering cough. Seemed mostly concerned that body aches and fever had passed.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I'm being told not to take PCR tests for 90 days after testing positive. Apparently they're so sensitive that they'll detect it in your system for up to 3 months after being sick. If your employer is requiring a negative test to return to work ask them if a rapid antigen test will suffice and seek one out. My work policy currently doesn't require testing to return to work. Just 10 days from a positive test and a phone interview with a nurse re: symptoms. They didn't seem worried about lingering cough. Seemed mostly concerned that body aches and fever had passed.

Yep.
I was mostly testing for a false positive.

I'm going to wait until my 10 days are up rather than seeking out an Antigen at this point.
I'm not going to drive 2 hours round trip to grab one.

The big question is whether my work will pick up the tab on the sick days or not. Up until 12/17 we had an agreement that any Covid outages would not count against one's sick time. There has been a "we hope they will act in good faith" email put out, but nothing official.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
This makes a ton of sense based on the amount of people I know who were known exposures, with symptoms that either never tested positive or took a week or so of multiple tests to turn up positive. My mother who was exposed to both me and my girlfriend and had symptoms since just after Xmas just finally tested positive this morning.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Yep.
I was mostly testing for a false positive.

I'm going to wait until my 10 days are up rather than seeking out an Antigen at this point.
I'm not going to drive 2 hours round trip to grab one.

The big question is whether my work will pick up the tab on the sick days or not. Up until 12/17 we had an agreement that any Covid outages would not count against one's sick time. There has been a "we hope they will act in good faith" email put out, but nothing official.
If you’re in California I believe the state law is 80hrs of sick pay fro covid unless that expired.

Scratch that, expired in Sept.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
This sh!t is kicking my ass! Porbably doesnt help that I am still working and not resting. Gotta earn those surf trips

bummed as I planned on using covid to score this next swell not sit at home working sick!

Not as bad as when I got H1N1in 2009 though.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
north-central, up in the Lewiston area.
Dear old dad used to do some work with CCI and would bring home bricks. Hours of fun with the soda cans on the fence.

Not as bad as when I got H1N1in 2009 though.
Was in Juneau/Sitka when I caught it. Mostly mild for me as I was able to recoup on the long ride on the ferry to next island.