How long will Trump last?

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
More and more Repubs are getting fed up with this loose cannon. At some point they will abandon him for someone they can control, like Pence. He's already given them a pro-life judge, rolled back environmental protections, and lowered taxes for the rich. There's not much more he can deliver, so his usefulness might be waning.

The only thing holding many of them back now is their fear of being primaried.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
If they're actually willing to put up a good candidate, especially one that would on the surface carry the anti-establishment message, Trump could be primaried himself

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
hammies said:
More and more Repubs are getting fed up with this loose cannon. At some point they will abandon him for someone they can control, like Pence. He's already given them a pro-life judge, rolled back environmental protections, and lowered taxes for the rich. There's not much more he can deliver, so his usefulness might be waning.

I think there are many of his supporters who would support him even if he got absolutely nothing done. They are just stupid people who enjoy the vulgarity of his show. Kind of like the Jerry Springer crowd.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
patrolman said:
hammies said:

I think there are many of his supporters who would support him even if he got absolutely nothing done. They are just stupid people who enjoy the vulgarity of his show. Kind of like the Jerry Springer crowd.
another week of a significant market decline I think he'll lose support quickly