How Do We Know We’re Not Living In the Matrix???

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
i don't think we are living in the matrix per se

but... most people are living their lives in a reality that they create based on what gets pumped into their brains through their screens

that's pretty matrixy and getting moreso with every passing day

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
How? How do you know or do anything? How do you do? How do you know what you do know? What does it really matter? Biden? Trump? Master your circumstances lest they master you

Last edited:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Fukk AI can make videos now that are almost indestructible from reality bro if that’s not proof of the matrix idk what is

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Pecker

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Asked, and answered….

hey ChatGPT, how do we know we’re not living in The Matrix?

chatgpt: The idea that we could be living in a simulated reality, akin to "The Matrix," is a philosophical concept known as the Simulation Hypothesis. While it's impossible to definitively prove or disprove, proponents argue that advances in technology and our understanding of simulations make it plausible. However, it remains a speculative idea without concrete evidence.

so, you don’t know then, do you?

Reactions: keenfish

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
"Physicist Frank Wilczek has argued that there’s too much wasted complexity in our universe for it to be simulated. Building complexity requires energy and time. Why would a conscious, intelligent designer of realities waste so many resources into making our world more complex than it needs to be?"

"Simulation hypothesis is the ultimate conspiracy theory. The mother of all conspiracy theories, the one that says that everything, with the exception of nothing, is fake and a conspiracy designed to fool our senses."
Confirmed! We Live in a Simulation | Scientific American

“If you assume any rate of improvement at all, games will eventually be indistinguishable from reality,” Musk said before concluding, “We’re most likely in a simulation.”
Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson agrees, giving “better than 50-50 odds” that the simulation hypothesis is correct. “I wish I could summon a strong argument against it, but I can find none.”
Elon Musk says we may live in a simulation. Here's how we might tell if he's right (nbcnews.com)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Chocki

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Asked, and answered….

chatgpt: The idea that we could be living in a simulated reality, akin to "The Matrix," is a philosophical concept known as the Simulation Hypothesis. While it's impossible to definitively prove or disprove, proponents argue that advances in technology and our understanding of simulations make it plausible. However, it remains a speculative idea without concrete evidence.

same faith needed as belief in god.

But quantum computers can’t create consciousness, so there.

Reactions: enframed

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Asked, and answered….

Bro you can’t ask the matrix if you live in the matrix and expect a real answer. I’m inclined to believe inn it bc Elon Musk and I think Joe Rogan does. it really explains a lot about our current “reality“.

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD