How do these look

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
quote from the New AI Movie:

"It was the minute details of Andy Irons and The Radicals that drew me in. I was intrigued by Andy’s struggle to find the right board, despite trying them all. Plus, the fact that he wasn’t tied down to one single shaper was astonishing; any CT surfer caught on the wrong board today is reprimanded accordingly."
1616511788500.png
Hmmmm

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Never heard of black dart before this, looks pretty schmick.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
@griffinsurfboard Are these stringered or stringerless EPS? What's the thinking behind only wrapping the deck in carbon fiber? Seems like youre only getting half the benefits of lighter weight + greater strength.
Honest Q: Do you have any qualms about an aussie board label coming in FL, as long as they use local production? Is Drew the ghost shaper for all Chili's US East Coast baords?

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Most likely they are carbon top and bottom
Drew gets special weaves from a supplier who does mostly military stuff and loves developing things for Drew
Pyzel boards are being made here by a friend , Jon's main guy is a friend , Eric's main guy is a friend
My friend Ken White is the licensee for C.I. here
Steven is now doing the Pu/Pe Lost boards here
Mike Whisnant is doing Trimcraft - I get my boards glassed at his shop
Dang ! I gots lots to be pissed about ! ;-)

• Haha
Reactions: Muscles and racer1
Jun 14, 2019
@griffinsurfboard Are these stringered or stringerless EPS? What's the thinking behind only wrapping the deck in carbon fiber? Seems like youre only getting half the benefits of lighter weight + greater strength.
Honest Q: Do you have any qualms about an aussie board label coming in FL, as long as they use local production? Is Drew the ghost shaper for all Chili's US East Coast baords?
Oeste, this link answers most of your questions on the Blackdart construction.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Drew gets special weaves from a supplier who does mostly military stuff and loves developing things for Drew
Pyzel boards are being made here by a friend , Jon's main guy is a friend , Eric's main guy is a friend
cool. You doing any ghosting we should know about??

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Well, my mate did carbon for SpaceX... so I win.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Didn’t black dart first appear like 5yrs ago?

what exactly is new here. Next we’ll get a post on the firewire wooly mammoths...

• Haha
Reactions: waxfoot

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
The Black Dart carbon isnt like the Dark Arts carbon. Its not as stiff as DA and doesnt have that "ping", whatever that means for performance.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Fun fact: carbon doesnt expand when heated, it constricts.

how does that do with surfborts in hot cars? I dunno.

• Love
Reactions: PRCD

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Fun fact: carbon doesnt expand when heated, it constricts.

how does that do with surfborts in hot cars? I dunno.
Even Mayhem's sales literature was pretty clear that these things do not do hot cars well.

I've nailed my black dart's rails with my shins and elbows a couple times over the few years I've had it, and it gave 0 fux. I am pretty on top of things about not keeping them in my car on a hot day, or parking under a tree with the windows cracked and sun shields in my windshield and rear window, etc.