How come only recent posts show up in searches now?

Apr 6, 2015
Not sure where to post this, but every time I do a search now, I only get very recent posts showing up (even if the threads themselves are old).

I'm searching the same way I did in the past, which always worked, so I don't think I'm using the search function incorrectly (because, well, I'm never incorrect). But maybe there's a different method I'm supposed to be using?

Apr 6, 2015
So...is there a way to access the old threads that show up in a Google search? Because every time I try, it just lands me back at the forum home page, doesn't find the thread. And the search function on the forum itself is broked, too.

Apr 6, 2015
I have learned something - if you do a Google search for an old thread, and click the link, it won't work.

BUT, if you click the little arrow below the main link which says "UBB threads," it will give you the option to view a text only version of the original thread.

It's clunky, but seems to work.

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
Search works perfect for me.

Oldest thread titled "cool fact about lobsters..." and I did search for same term and found post from 2002

Apr 6, 2015
Search definitely does NOT work for me. At all. Just searched "quiver killer" with a date range of anything earlier than Sept 1, 2019, and got no results. That makes zero sense.

I'm using Chrome. Does that make a difference?

May 10, 2018
Search definitely does NOT work for me. At all. Just searched "quiver killer" with a date range of anything earlier than Sept 1, 2019, and got no results. That makes zero sense.

I have the same problem with the search function

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018

I search with only the term 'quiver killer' and no settings. I get results of 10 pages and many before 1 september.

And you say you search 'earlier' of date, but I only see option to search 'newer than', so perhaps your reading not good. hehe

Apr 6, 2015
Ah, it was putting in the date range that messed it up! I just searched with no date range specified and got over 10 pages of results. Cool!