"Hobson Beach Park Speed Laps" - are only Americans this stupid?

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I just don't want to not see the banana boat and kill them, which is on my blind aging ass. That person is probably excited about not using gas, I'm just beginning to feel bad about using a lot. If I didn't give a fookk about anything it would be a lot easier. I wouldn't like this place much though, except the surfing stuff.

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
The kids in the lot - they're going as fast as a mini-bike would when I was a kid but everyone around could hear a mini-bike and would know to look out for it and of course someone would probably make the kids stop riding noisy mini-bikes around. These electric things are so quiet and there's less to see than with a bicycle, less to catch your eye. I know that for me I have sort of elapsed timers in my head for how long it takes different things to get to me and those electric things just seem to pop up out of nowhere because they are so quiet, so fast and the rider/vehicle combination presents such a small silhouette.

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
I've seen a number of kids and adults eat it on that loop over the years. The gravel tends to get pushed out of the camping spots into the asphalt and if you hit it going too fast around the curve on a bike or scooter......down you go. I've also witnessed people slamming into the side of RV's and trucks there. The Rangers are pretty strict about it and will shut down the shenanigans if they see it.

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
That spot is for Clowns in Rv’s ,kook transplants and foil boarders now:mad: They can all enjoy huffing each others generator fumes.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I could care less about the riders in the videos.

I'm more fascinated about the total lack of concern for others.
pedestrians have been killed on the strand due to bike collisions

I saw a kid on a full on electric dirt bike burning down the sidewalk in redondo

thought, "this guy is going to crack some poor grandma's noggin open when she steps on to the curb"