High Winds Today in SF

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Went to the Dodgers game last night. In 20+ years of going to games at Chavez the only weather of concern was heat/sun. This was crazy. Felt like late October baseball in the Northeast or at Wrigley. It was cold and the wind was so gusty the foul poles were swaying. I imagine the broadcasters were talking about it all night.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Went to the Dodgers game last night. In 20+ years of going to games at Chavez the only weather of concern was heat/sun. This was crazy. Felt like late October baseball in the Northeast or at Wrigley. It was cold and the wind was so gusty the foul poles were swaying. I imagine the broadcasters were talking about it all night.
Announcer said the wind blew Lux' wanna be HR down. :shrug:

Hold on a minute there....Vin?

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Rode bicycle to top of San Bruno Mountain Monday afternoon because I was fed up with co-worker.

About 6 miles as the roads go, and maybe 1000 ft gain.

Super extra-duper windy on top, ears were hurting.

Great views that look like this (on a less windy day). Here is a snap someone else took from near the top:
1634073155226.png

Edit:
Maybe I can do better...hold on, ok, that works, image expands when you click on it.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Rode bicycle to top of San Bruno Mountain Monday afternoon because I was fed up with co-worker.

About 6 miles as the roads go, and maybe 1000 ft gain.

Super extra-duper windy on top, ears were hurting.

Great views that look like this (on a less windy day). Here is a snap someone else took from near the top:
View attachment 117619

Edit:
Maybe I can do better...hold on, ok, that works, image expands when you click on it.
You like those panorama shots don't you? I still have the one that you sent me of downtown Honolulu, Waikiki & Diamond Head. :cheers:

Reactions: Mr Doof