Help with crack!

Sep 24, 2003
Can anyone help? I looked at my board at the eekend (after not using it for a while) and realised that when I was last out I managed to dent my board and cause a slight crack in the rail near the nose (its about 1-1.5 inches along). I was going to repair it with a kit I have but discovered that the epoxy has set in the tube. I'm in Jamaica so getting another kit is not going to be quick/easy and am worried about getting it wet as I've heard horror stories about getting the inside of the board wet and it rotting. Any suggestions for a temporary or permanent fix or am I worrying about it getting wet for no reason?? Image is below in case that helps.
Thanks.
Adam

BryanLamb

Tom Curren status
Jun 30, 2004
I wouldn't take it out in the water, even with it taped up tight. Just don't surf it. Tough luck.

Or, find a repair kit and seal it up.

Aloha

Bryan

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
bet u could find an epoxy glue instead of resin. sand it smooth and use cloth

dk

Kelly Slater status
Sep 14, 2003
Leucadia
Visit site
if you can find a hardware store or a place liek wlgreens that may have a little epoxy mix itll work fine.

If not id say duck tape that bitc* up nice and tight befor u hit the water. be careful

hoku

Michael Peterson status
Apr 8, 2003
al
I vote for DK's idea. Duct tape

Also my dad said in Vietnam, the mechanics used to plug crack and holes with bubble gum or duct tape.

OTF status
Dec 16, 2004
central, LI
dont use duct tape! Its not 100% water proof. Your better off using almost any clear not water based glue or epoxy. A sticker is a much better option because vinly/plastic is near 100% waterproof. Put it on ..get rid of all the air bubbles then put it in the sun to heat up the glue for like 10 minutes. after that its sealed up nicely. good luck.

OTF status
Dec 16, 2004
central, LI
heres a great and semi-permanent fix. Steal some of your moms or sisters clear nail polish. An board builder at my local shop said that its really the equivalent of glossing resin and being that you put it on in layers you dont have to sand much. good luck man