He looked her up and down and said, "Not tonight".

Nick Kerr

OTF status
Apr 3, 2020
  • Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
this isn't new....dumb. haven't clubs always been this way?

if not, damn....all this time my lame ass could have been out clubbing!!??!

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
You never struck me as a Junior Vasquez fan. :roflmao: :dancing:

Junior Vasquez?

(types name into google)

Ah, that Junior Vasquez. He was after my time in NYC in the 1980s.

After the Sound Factory was closed in February 1995, Vasquez held residencies at the Tunnel (1995–1996), and at ArenA (held at the Palladium) (1996–1997) where his suspended booth was custom designed by designers Dolce & Gabbana. In 1997, he returned to the former site of the original Sound Factory, now called Twilo. Remodeled to include a custom-designed DJ booth for Vasquez's exclusive use and fitted with new cutting-edge audio technology known as "Phazon", Vasquez's residency at Twilo lasted until May 2001, when the venue was closed by order of the city. In 1997, Ian Jenkinson and Inner Rhythm Artists Tribal Gathering enlisted Vasquez for the largest single artist DJ event in UK history at the London Arena. Problems with the venue saw the event split between the two clubs: Ministry of Sound and Cream.

Anyway, while I don't think I would call myself a dance club kinda person, for this Oregon boy in NYC in the 1980s, it was great fun to try out a bunch of things that I knew I couldn't do so easily where I lived. Sadly was was unable to get into CBGBs while there or the Reggae Lounge.