HB's finest......

Makule

Michael Peterson status
Aug 31, 2004
Somewhere between heaven and hell
douche!!!!

Tito Ortiz’s sons sent home from school after arriving without face masks
Ortiz’s girlfriend Amber Miller says on Instagram, “I will no longer allow this tyranny.

Huntington Beach Mayor Pro Tem Tito Ortiz’s two sons were sent home from an Ocean View School District middle school Tuesday morning, May, 18, after they arrived without masks.

Ortiz’s girlfriend Amber Miller posted a video to Instagram of the boys walking onto campus bare-faced. They carried a document that claimed exemption from mask mandates based on religious freedom.

Later, Miller posted again saying that the school’s principal called 30 minutes afterward and asked that the children be picked up.

“I will no longer allow this tyranny,” she said in the video. “The mental health of your children is so much more important than following these guidelines.”

Patricia Singer, president of the Huntington Beach district’s board of trustees, said in an interview, “There is no such thing as a religious exemption.”

“The California Department of Public Health specifically says there are no religious exceptions for mask protocols,” Singer said. “No matter who you are, you are to wear a mask on school property. If for some reason a child can’t wear a mask, for personal reasons or whatever reason, we offer a virtual academy.”

Ortiz is a vocal critic of mask-wearing regulations, as well as vaccines.

The day before, on Monday, he spoke at an anti-mask rally outside the Orange County Board of Education in Costa Mesa.

In his speech, Ortiz said that his sons complain, “Dad, I’m having problems breathing. I have a headache, I’m light-headed.”

“I said, ‘Son, anytime you possibly can, take that mask off during class,’” Ortiz told the crowd.

Ortiz did not return a request for comment.

Ocean View School District Trustee Gina Clayton-Tarvin said that Ortiz’s status as a mixed martial arts star and council member “doesn’t mean rules don’t apply to him.”

Clayton-Tarvin said that “99.9% of Ocean View parents are doing the right thing.”

“Their kids come to school wearing masks, ready to learn in person,” she said. “Unfortunately, Mr. Ortiz has decided he doesn’t need to follow the rules.”

Clayton-Tarvin announced last month that she is running for a seat on the Huntington Beach City Council in 2022. Ortiz was elected to a four-year term in 2020.

“I have a son in the Ocean View School District myself,” Clayton-Tarvin said. “All Ocean View parents just want their children to be safe.”

Tito sure knows how to pick'em.

He should learn how to keep his pets on a muzzle and leash!!!