Hawaii MMA high school takedown.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Can we appreciate when Royce came out to fight Matt Hughes looking like a stick and Matt looking like a beast.

And Hughes Absolutely demoed Royce in minutes.

Reactions: PRCD and Havoc

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Can we appreciate when Royce came out to fight Matt Hughes looking like a stick and Matt looking like a beast.

And Hughes Absolutely demoed Royce in minutes.
i remember watching that with one of my mentors (rickson gracie brown belt, duffy couldnt take him imho). he said matt took royce out with jiu jitsu, beat him at his own game. better techniqque + better shape = you lose.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
i remember watching that with one of my mentors (rickson gracie brown belt, duffy couldnt take him imho). he said matt took royce out with jiu jitsu, beat him at his own game. better techniqque + better shape = you lose.

Hughes was so much stronger and dominant he was going for Kimuras in half guard.

Hughes was just far too strong and more athletic

Reactions: Hump and Havoc

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
Pertaining to real world self defense training, I have been curious, do they ever teach defending against an aggressor who may be intending on launching a perfect throwing stone, half brick, etc.? I suppose by training with a nerf ball or something?

Rush in after a fake to the side? I would not like to run away if they looked as fast a runner.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
agreed, that’s just dumb. Clearly the instructor didn’t have any lineage or knowledge of the actual technique.

this confirms my point - which follows your point - that all schools are not equal.

just like you have “heard” of good Krav schools apparently others have been to crappy BJJ schools and encountered idiots who rant and rave about being the best. Which seems to be more bjj than others. No-one likes a braggart and it does the style a disservice.

I don’t see the point in constantly measuring your manhood. But whatever, enjoy your training and hopefully you never have to test it for real.

✌out
Nowhere in this thread have I bragged about anything.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
No, not really. Some may focus on different things but lifting weights is lifting weights.

Some routines are optimized to attain different results. But it really doesn't matter for your average desk jockey. Training for hypertrophy and training for strength isn't going to make a huge difference in 99% of the population that aren't competitive athletes.
Training for hypertrophy is better than sitting on the couch...but the benefits are very marginal for 99% if the population.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
duffy can u take joel tudor? (asking again bc curious)
i too would like to know

I am not a BJJ Black Belt but I did it for 3 years and I think in a no hold barred unsanctioned fight- I could take Joel.

But I also outweigh him by prob at least 75lbs and have a foot on him in height.

I could easily throw him 10 feet like a sandbag. lol

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
One dude who I would absolutely not phuck with is Kai Garcia.

He is obv good at grappling and serious about strength training.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Alright losers, lets whip out those DD-214s and see who's really got the biggest camo dick in here.
The new breathe holding contest.

I personally have no interest in shooting anyone that isn't shooting at me and/or a very select group of people so the military wasn't a good fit for me but thanks y'all for your service.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
The new breathe holding contest.

I personally have no interest in shooting anyone that isn't shooting at me and/or a very select group of people so the military wasn't a good fit for me but thanks y'all for your service.
Well i didn’t like it either. But us poor people gotta pay for college and seek a better life somehow.

what’s the saying

“Whether it’s doing work for Uncle Sam or UnKo Sam, gotta pay for school somehow”

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
i too would like to know

I am not a BJJ Black Belt but I did it for 3 years and I think in a no hold barred unsanctioned fight- I could take Joel.

But I also outweigh him by prob at least 75lbs and have a foot on him in height.

I could easily throw him 10 feet like a sandbag. lol
Joel is very good at fighting.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
The Army trains you to kill and out maneuver using superior firepower and maintaining the advantage Through use of terrain.

In what way is that in any way comparable to going to martial arts training?

Not too mention the Army becomes your entire life. Not 1-2 hours a day.
You, Vanryss, and VonMeister were actually in combat arms. 80% of the military is the tail rather than the teeth. When people ask what I did in the navy, I tell them I stood watches and did paperwork