Has Anyone Else Noticed....

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
When I started lurking in this forum about 2008, it was an absolute comedy show.
I couldn't believe how many witty and creative people all found each other in one place.
Great story tellers.
The vibe is completely different now, but I keep coming back in search of the occasional gem.

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Maybe just a reflection of how things are in society and/or on social media as a whole. There's a saying that goes generally like sometimes it is better to let people think you are stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Back in the day .... the average person did not have a platform where they could share their opinions, anger, hate, influence etc. to as many people and as quickly and easily as you can today. Now it is much easier to see people as they truly are for better or worse.

• Love
Reactions: PPK96754 and 92122

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Nep, Surfwordz, Punkrockvixen, SVGlocal (of the big ball of brown fame), and so many more characters from the past are now long gone. Wither they passed on or just moved on, they all added to this place a lot.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I haven;'t been here that long but my first impression back in the day was there was way, way, way gnarlier beef.

Like guys trying to take if off-line into the real world.

Did I misremember that?
Crazy usually burns itself out.

Most of the stuff here is play fighting now.

Guys love to play fight.

I work with mostly women and I go into the office and play fight with them and the office manager says "WTF are you doing?"

Girls like play fighting when they are winning. But they loose it when they loose.

Where I think a guy can loose a play fight and it's forgotten shortly after.

But it's better for to me play fight here.

One time, I tore up students paper and we started wrestling in class. She was tussling with me trying to get the paper back..

It was all in good fun.

But then we stop and the entire class is just watching, slack jawed.

I was like what?

• Haha
Reactions: kawika and tacos

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Do you have a finishing move? Like the Stone Cold Stunner!
I like to have slap fights with them.

The office manager told me to leave the student office assistants alone.

I did and now they are flirting with me hard. They see me playing with the office staff and want in on the fun,

I have to suppress the urge to start wrestling with them.

It's easier to do now that I am old and gross

• Haha
Reactions: PJ and tacos

caelho

Miki Dora status
Jun 10, 2003
Bobsurf was classic. All the imp accounts were really funny, nameless was one of them. There's another poster that was hilarious but I can't remember his name, he started the "check out my new quad". Some funny stuff back then