***Happy birthday Joshua2415!***

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
When you can, perhaps you can say something on the COVID paper work / hoops that you had to go through to get to Costa Rica OR if you had to at all ..... either on this post or in the Travel Forum for those thinking of traveling to the country.

Mahalo plenty!! :waving:

Reactions: Joshua2415

Joshua2415

Tom Curren status
Jul 18, 2005
San Clemente
When you can, perhaps you can say something on the COVID paper work / hoops that you had to go through to get to Costa Rica OR if you had to at all ..... either on this post or in the Travel Forum for those thinking of traveling to the country.

Mahalo plenty!! :waving:
Costa Rica is requiring all visitors to complete a Health Pass online within 48 hours of arriving and all visitors must purchase a Covid Insurance package that covers medical and lodging expenses if you get sick and have to stay. The US Embassy website for CR was a very helpful tool with tons of current info. I assume the US Embassy websites for other countries are equally informative. As for flying home, all passengers flying back into the US are required to show proof of a negative Covid test that was taken no more than 72 hours before flying or proof of having had Covid in the last 90 days. We purchased a diy Covid test kit from E-med at https://www.emed.com . They have you download an app and then do the test while on camera (from a laptop or smartphone) and then e-mail you the results so you can present them at the airport. I also heard that most of the clinics/pharmacies here in CR are doing tests as well, but you need a few days to schedule an appointment.

All in all, it's not too bad for going from the US to Costa Rica but I sure each country has its own policies. :waving:

Joshua2415

Tom Curren status
Jul 18, 2005
San Clemente
Similar to here but you gotta get tested at the airport.

How’s the surf?:waving:
Playa Hermosa was overhead & fun, but a little too closed out on the bigger sets. Some fun corners though. Drove down to Pavones yesterday and got an evening session in. Waves were solid 8' + and loooooooonnnng. Legburners! This morning was one of the best sessions of my life! So glassy and clean with 2-300 yarders! Looks like it's dropping to the 4-6' range for the next day and starting to build through the weekend. Supposed to be 10-12' Monday/Tuesday! :waving:

• Wow
Reactions: Aruka and keenfish

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Playa Hermosa was overhead & fun, but a little too closed out on the bigger sets. Some fun corners though. Drove down to Pavones yesterday and got an evening session in. Waves were solid 8' + and loooooooonnnng. Legburners! This morning was one of the best sessions of my life! So glassy and clean with 2-300 yarders! Looks like it's dropping to the 4-6' range for the next day and starting to build through the weekend. Supposed to be 10-12' Monday/Tuesday! :waving:
Timing is everything thing and you timed it right!

If you see someone running around in the bush wearing a loincloth carrying a bong in one hand and a bottle of rum in the other say hi to GEO for me.

Joshua2415

Tom Curren status
Jul 18, 2005
San Clemente
Lets hear a wrap up of your 50th in CR! Good Times, Happy 50th! :cheers:
Who, What, When, WHERE, why, and how?
Thanks! :cheers:

Some friends were planning a 'redo' of a trip that was cancelled last year due to Covid and invited me to join along. My birthday happened to fall in the middle of the 10 day trip and my wife and kids said I should go, so I did. The six of us flew in on the 10th and drove out to Playa Hermosa for two nights. Got some solid overhead beach break surf, a lot of heavy closeouts with some makeable corners and some in between clean ones! Then we packed up and headed south to Pavones for the next 7 days. Solid 8' session the first evening and then dropped to HH/OH for the next couple of days. Then started building to solid DOH over the last couple of days before we left. Surfed 6 - 8 hours/day. It was usually glassy, clean conditions at first light and then the wind blew most of the day and would glass off in the evening but was still mostly surfable with the winds. Most everyone was super friendly in the water (never any hassles), great food, good beer, and some sessions of a lifetime. We spent some time hiking in the jungle and saw lots of the local wildlife but the waves were so good that we mostly surfed and didn't venture out too much. All in all, it was an amazing trip and a great country to visit (this was my first time in CR).

Here's an aerial view of Pavones...outer point on the lower left and you can just see where it begins to wrap around the inner point (North of the rivermouth) into the next bay at the upper right of the photo.

Stocked!!!
:waving: :shaka:

Last edited: