Happy birthday Abalone!

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Happy Birthday Abalone
Hope this pandemic sh*t isn’t messing with you and your family and you’re doing well!

abalone

Michael Peterson status
Jan 16, 2002
What a nice surprise! I logged in after hearing about the demise of Surfer, then spent time (not wasted) reading the historical life and times of the -erbb. Made this old gal smile!

El O, nice of you to post up a birthday wish. And you other three, thanks for remembering me. I turned a ho hum 64, and I'm thankful I feel much better than the sound of it. No aches, no pains.

RG, thanks for asking, all is fine. We moved last December and are living in southern California, closer to family. I miss the redwoods, I miss Monterey Bay, I miss friends, so yeah, there's a lot I miss. But I love my new home and have a sweet, unobstructed view of Back Bay, so that's a bonus. I've been ocean swimming the buoy lines at Big Corona, and also doing pool time. It's been too hot to hike much this summer, given how exposed it is. Looking forward to exploring the area more when it cools down.

We sold our Capitola home Jan 2019 and took a 10-month, 15,000-mile road trip before moving into our new place, hitting up many of the national parks in the western states. (Never went east of Colorado.) We also just got back from a road trip to Colorado (older son lives there with his now-wife), and stayed in Moab and also Zion on the way back. So all in all, no complaints!

the janitor, love the beers cheers b-day wishes. In fact, we went to a brewery on my birthday, and I found a new favorite: Lunar Kitten IPA.

PPK, aloha! And thank you. For always being you.

Bye now.

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
What a nice surprise! I logged in after hearing about the demise of Surfer, then spent time (not wasted) reading the historical life and times of the -erbb. Made this old gal smile!

El O, nice of you to post up a birthday wish. And you other three, thanks for remembering me. I turned a ho hum 64, and I'm thankful I feel much better than the sound of it. No aches, no pains.

RG, thanks for asking, all is fine. We moved last December and are living in southern California, closer to family. I miss the redwoods, I miss Monterey Bay, I miss friends, so yeah, there's a lot I miss. But I love my new home and have a sweet, unobstructed view of Back Bay, so that's a bonus. I've been ocean swimming the buoy lines at Big Corona, and also doing pool time. It's been too hot to hike much this summer, given how exposed it is. Looking forward to exploring the area more when it cools down.

We sold our Capitola home Jan 2019 and took a 10-month, 15,000-mile road trip before moving into our new place, hitting up many of the national parks in the western states. (Never went east of Colorado.) We also just got back from a road trip to Colorado (older son lives there with his now-wife), and stayed in Moab and also Zion on the way back. So all in all, no complaints!

the janitor, love the beers cheers b-day wishes. In fact, we went to a brewery on my birthday, and I found a new favorite: Lunar Kitten IPA.

PPK, aloha! And thank you. For always being you.

Bye now.
Happy Birthday, and so good to hear you are doing well, even if you're living in Southern CA.