Hanalei/Princeville

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
Oahu trip got vetoed by wife in favor of Kauai...which works for me. Flying out Sunday for 8 days, staying in Hanalei/Princeville area and in need of lunch & dinner suggestions?

I'm not sure how well surfline translates to actual surf but it's looking like it's going to be pretty big a few days. Does size drop off significantly towards end section of the point? How much size actually filters into the spots inside the bay? I'm picking up a fresh 7'0" arakawa holi moli over there, undecided on a second board to bring, 6'0" xanadu viper or 6'2" round tail npj 2+1.

• Love
Reactions: Subway and mundus

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I almost got washed out to see at Hideaways.

It was triple over head and I was on a 6.2 thruster

Opps

Two days later it was playful peaks.

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Yea towards the end of the point it gets a decent amount smaller. I'd say the beach breaks are 2/3 - 1/2 the size of the point.

I've only ever really surfed the point on NW swell, so not all to sure what it'll be like with a N direction. If its too big on the northshore, you can try to drive around to the west side of the island to see if its wrapping in.

Reactions: encladd

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
Just back from 8 nights in Hanalei. Aside from the lengthy paddle it's a super fun wave. Scored head to way overhead most of the time, one day was too big with only a few guys out on very big boards and a tow team. First session came up from a duckdive wearing a ditched longboard on the head and a minor ding on a new board...otherwise a fun time in good surf without incident.

Jun 29, 2017
I almost got washed out to see at Hideaways.

It was triple over head and I was on a 6.2 thruster

Opps

Two days later it was playful peaks.
you are full of sh!t kook! guranteed it was no more than 6 foot , been surfing there for 40 years as my easy access spot. I have got washed around and paddle in at back channel to princevelle resort beach but it was HUGE NE and i got a righthander 2 overhead for 200 yards and finished inside under princevilee hotel. 3 x overhead, lol you must come up to my dick!! Im sure you got bobos at 6 foot too!!!!!!!LOL u one scrub brah

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
you are full of sh!t kook! guranteed it was no more than 6 foot , been surfing there for 40 years as my easy access spot. I have got washed around and paddle in at back channel to princevelle resort beach but it was HUGE NE and i got a righthander 2 overhead for 200 yards and finished inside under princevilee hotel. 3 x overhead, lol you must come up to my dick!! Im sure you got bobos at 6 foot too!!!!!!!LOL u one scrub brah
I'm sorry that you feel that way.
:roflmao:

Last edited:

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation