Haley/Cheney 2024

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I can't remember where I read it, but not long ago I saw a blog post somewhere that opined that if Nikki and Liz really wanted to ensure Trump stays out of the White House in 24 they should run as a ticket for No Labels. They would snag that 15-20% of Repubs who despise Trump and what he's done to their party and give them something to vote for besides Biden, who they will never in a million years vote for. Biden wins but true conservatives can say they voted against him and walk with their heads held high.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Fishyhb and hal9000

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I can't remember where I read it, but not long ago I saw a blog post somewhere that opined that if Nikki and Liz really wanted to ensure Trump stays out of the White House in 24 they should run as a ticket for No Labels. They would snag that 15-20% of Repubs who despise Trump and what he's done to their party and give them something to vote for besides Biden, who they will never in a million years vote for. Biden wins but true conservatives can say they voted against him and walk with their heads held high.

Thoughts?
Biden's too old and there's a comical amount of Democrats who think Liz Cheney is The Conscience of a Nation rather than someone who read the room wrong when making a bald-faced tactical play for the top in the days after January 6th. The gambit failed.

Check the funding. No Labels is about corporate deregulation and tax cuts. IMHO basically every third party, unless it comes from Trump's far flank, will draw at least as much from Brandon.

YMMV

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

Thoughts?
We already played that game with the GWB administration. Do you want more endless wars?

• Love
Reactions: grapedrink

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Biden's too old and there's a comical amount of Democrats who think Liz Cheney is The Conscience of a Nation rather than someone who read the room wrong when making a bald-faced tactical play for the top in the days after January 6th. The gambit failed.

Check the funding. No Labels is about corporate deregulation and tax cuts. IMHO basically every third party, unless it comes from Trump's far flank, will draw at least as much from Brandon.

YMMV
Do you think Liz is done? Do you think she is playing the short game here?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Do you think Liz is done? Do you think she is playing the short game here?
In terms of meaningful elected office, yeah. In terms of writing some shitty books and selling them to liberals, probably not. I think she took a big swing in her mid-50s at trying to ditch Trump thinking she might wind up at the top of the totem pole and it failed.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Best case scenario is she's a spoiler in 24 and runs in 28, hoping that with Donnie out of the way the MAGA maniacs will crawl back under their rocks and real conservatives will once again run the show and actually legislate. She'll have a lot of competition for the R nomination.