GUBMINT TIRANEE

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
I'm talking about official word from the governor/government. The charade has gone on long-enough.

Fauci said 55-65% at first, then he changed it to 90%. Are you having trouble reading the graph I posted? If so, you shouldn't be talking at all.
Cool, cool. We’re almost year and a half into a “novel” virus that’s killed over half a million people so the experts are probably erring on the side of caution. Things are slowly opening back up, will likely be an uptick in tourism from less vaccinated states as well. I’ve had mine so I’m not worried. We’ll see what the future holds.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Cool, cool. We’re almost year and a half into a “novel” virus that’s killed over half a million people so the experts are probably erring on the side of caution.
They seem to just be erring in the form of contradicting themselves or outright lying. This virus is "novel" only in the sense that it's a new strain. We have new strains of all sorts of viruses every year, including coronaviruses. What has changed in virology in current year that would justify not knowing what percentage of seroprevalence gives herd immunity? Also, what makes career bureaucrats "experts?" Credentials? Time in seats? In everyone else's line of work you're an expert when you have demonstrable skills and knowledge. Seems to me that we about doubled our seroprevalence with the vaccines in this state and now we have almost no deaths. Time to declare victory, or else Newsom is shifting the goalposts yet again.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Hasn't the virus proven itself persistent at flaring back up once we think it's not a threat?

Not saying what Gaven should do.

Just saying, I don't think this virus is not a threat no more.

But I had my shots so burn baby burn!

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
LARD NEWESOME WILL NOT MUZZLE ME

Oh I forgot the pandemic was manufactured by the politicians and the media to gain control over the people and destroy the economy because reasons.
Now do Michigan, a state with an equally idiotic response to covid....

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Hasn't the virus proven itself persistent at flaring back up once we think it's not a threat?

Not saying what Gaven should do.

Just saying, I don't think this virus is not a threat no more.

But I had my shots so burn baby burn!
I think you've got several things going on at once and two schools of thought on what to do about it: "Hands-off" vs. "CONTROL THE VIRUS." The burden of proof is, in my opinion, on the latter school since the measures are onerous and damaging and haven't been used in 100 years and may even surpass those used 100 years ago. I realize these scientists have been cancelled, but the data do not show that the most restrictive measures even work, so why not use lighter ones?

You can prove this to yourself. Compare deaths per million in more "hands-off" states like TX and FL to California, NY, and NJ.
California is doing slightly better than Texas, but at what cost? Can California's results be explained by less obesity and different population age structure than Texas? You can also repeat the analysis for other countries.

I realize Dr. John Campbell thinks we can't take our foot off the brakes at this point, but his own country is among the worst in deaths/million and has had the most-onerous restrictions. Where is his evidence that these measures work?

Will the virus flare back up? Probably. But it is seasonal and we have lives to get on with. There are other considerations besides controlling the virus. Right now, I think we have "CONTROLLED THE VIRUS." California's daily deaths look about the same as Israel's. Israel is the most-vaccinated country, so you can ass-ume that the only cases are breakthrough cases. California hasn't vaccinated everyone, but it did prioritize the most at-risk and it appears to be working.
1619129818811.png

Amazing how we're all right in the same spot we were a year ago.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Yeah how did that work out?

View attachment 108338

Now do Florida.
So you totally don’t see the point at all which is this...

Government mandates or lack thereof had no correlation to rates of covid infection so there is no scientific justification for the mandates.

Also according to this CA isn’t the best (but this is overall and not just a clip of the last couple weeks)....

Last edited:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
So you totally don’t see the point at all which is this...

Government mandates or lack thereof had no correlation to rates of covid infection so there is no scientific justification for the mandates.
Uh, you are the one who missed the point.

The people of Michigan DGAF about the mandate. They instead did an armed occupation of the state capitol and wanted to kidnap the governor.

These are your people.

1619190549892.jpeg

1619190317859.jpeg

1619190237481.jpeg

That superspreader event alone fucked any mandate imposed by the state.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink