Greg Griffin Thrusters

R3W

Phil Edwards status
Feb 19, 2002
Frisco
Got a thruster set that GG crafted for a DIY board I made. Sides = 4 5/8”H 4 3/8”Base. Center 4 1/2”H base 4 1/8”.
$60 and I’ll pick up shipping in the lower 48.

Attachments

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014
Got a thruster set that GG crafted for a DIY board I made. Sides = 4 5/8”H 4 3/8”Base. Center 4 1/2”H base 4 1/8”.
$60 and I’ll pick up shipping in the lower 48.
I will take em!

DM incoming!!

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014
Dammit! Hahaha

If they don't work out in the board, I will hit you up.
I haven't heard back from the OP yet....
These are close to Exactly what I'm looking for

• Love
Reactions: santacruzin

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006

Been trying to hoard GG fins and boards. Really wish he had an apprentice who could make me a new hovercraft!
I kept threatening to order one. Fully intended to. I just put it off a little too long. Greg and I had a discussion re that pre fish twin fin period. Fins set way back on the tail, large square tails, Rolf Aurness, Brad McCall etc. The hovercraft was him harkening back to that whole thing. I never got to try one.

The board files are out there somewhere. If you got ahold of those, the fin files, placement numbers, a couple of finished boards… :shrug: would want permission from Greg’s family/survivors. It was a unique design. Seems like a shame it’s just gone.

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014
I kept threatening to order one. Fully intended to. I just put it off a little too long. Greg and I had a discussion re that pre fish twin fin period. Fins set way back on the tail, large square tails, Rolf Aurness, Brad McCall etc. The hovercraft was him harkening back to that whole thing. I never got to try one.

The board files are out there somewhere. If you got ahold of those, the fin files, placement numbers, a couple of finished boards… :shrug: would want permission from Greg’s family/survivors. It was a unique design. Seems like a shame it’s just gone.
giantbook.jpg

"AH! Hovercraft! Here it is.....Let's see....Few will ever experience...."

Last edited:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
that would be amazing. hell I would pay 2x for the board. One to the Kay and the family and one whoever could get it made.

Miss Greg and his crazy laugh when he got excited and told me about what board I needed to order next .
:roflmao:

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021

INDTUBE could probably set it up....

INDTUBE

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 6, 2019
There is a guy in Florida that has all of Gregs files - I am trying to get him to make GG boards but GG's Wife is not ready to talk about it yet and he won't make any of GG boards without her permission. So the wait continues.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
There is a guy in Florida that has all of Gregs files - I am trying to get him to make GG boards but GG's Wife is not ready to talk about it yet and he won't make any of GG boards without her permission. So the wait continues.
I would happily pay her a fee directly on top of whatever it costs to get them cut - shaped and glassed...when the time comes for the conversation...royalties of sorts.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
solid. If it never happens it never happens but if it does... Let us know!!

Reactions: spenat

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014
Any Northeast - Rhode Island - interest in a 9'0 x 22 1/4 x 2 3/4 Griffin HP longboard shape? All 5 original fins in really good condition - one scuff/abrasion on top left fin- middle 3 Clean.
Board in 6.5 / 10 rider condition.
Super solid. Spider cracks and scrapes assorted pressure dents - nothing super serious - abundant on bottom - tip of nose re-done - rails foiled out and deck clean.

Will have pics possible video tomorrow
DM me

Interested in trades
for Von Sol / Cannibal / Campbell Brothers riders in the 6'3-6'6 range