Greg Browning Diagnosed With ALS

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
Damn.
I grew up with Greg and his brother Jeff in the South Bay.
My first year at Humboldt I couldn't afford a 5/3 with a hood. Greg was sponsored by Body Glove and just gave me his out of the goodness of his heart. He said he was stocked just to know I wouldn't be missing any waves. I wore that thing out.
I'll have to get in touch with them.
Thanks for the heads up.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Greg will write better books than Hawking did. Black holes are pretty boring, mathematically, compared to good waves

Reactions: tacos

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I heard the news about Greg through mutual friends that went to RUHS with him Thursday before last. I didn’t know Greg well, but in my interactions with him over the last 30+ years, he was always the epitome of kindness and class. He helped a grom I knew and surfed with get hooked-up with Body Glove. A close friend of mine shaped borts for him for a while and it was eye opening surfing with someone at his caliber and definitely pushed me to aspire to his level.

I talked to his son Parker out in the water the day after I found out and it was really sad hearing the family’s perspective. Please donate to the GoFund page Derek Brewer set up if you have the means.

Greg was the type of person that would meet you once and remember almost all of the details about the conversation. My wife and I sat at a table with him at a mutual friend’s wedding in Ensenada 20+ years ago, the only time he met her and when I saw him last (about a year ago ) he asked about her by name and recalled her business ventures and everything they spoke about.

Devastating news.

Reactions: sushipop