gotta do what you gotta do…. ?

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
lexington avenue uptown local… generally not the smoothest riding line….

i’ve been in the back of a cab & seen discarded syringes… watch where you sit! they tell you not to use the wooden benches in the subway - possible bedbug infestation…:foreheadslap:

this guy was probably just hitting up the morning B12 shot…

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
:foreheadslap: even carly simon knows THESE are the good old days…

don’t you wish your kids had these advantages?

:unsure:
How is this possible? El Chapo (el gran Diablo de la chiva y el perico) es locked up en la Supermax?

I don’t take anything that isn’t prescribed to me by a doctor, although not always with a valid prescription, so I’m not knowledgeable in this subject. Does Narcan work for synthetic opiates also?

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Straphanger... damn, every now and then I learn a new word... Is this regularly used? Seriously, never heard this (or if I have I didn't notice it).

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
Straphanger... damn, every now and then I learn a new word... Is this regularly used? Seriously, never heard this (or if I have I didn't notice it).
all the time in nyc… up to the 60’s (i think…) there were 2 rails that ran the length of the cars below the ceiling. used to be leather loops connected to them that you held onto if you were standing.then they modernized and they became metal, sort of triangular shaped handles that were hinged and fixed to the poles - they were sprung & flexed when you held on…

i wonder if young subway knows this…:shrug:

ps- they used to have the “straphangers” coalition, for riders to bitch about various subway shitdeals…

Reactions: brukuns

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
How is this possible? El Chapo (el gran Diablo de la chiva y el perico) es locked up en la Supermax?

I don’t take anything that isn’t prescribed to me by a doctor, although not always with a valid prescription, so I’m not knowledgeable in this subject. Does Narcan work for synthetic opiates also?
i think it probably works for like dilaudids etc… but not sure about fentanyl party favors…

the fun is in rolling the dice!

or not…

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
i think it probably works for like dilaudids etc… but not sure about fentanyl party favors…

the fun is in rolling the dice!

or not…
I rode a shitton of the subway in Mexico City between 1992 and 1995. Every other type of public transportation from bicitaxies
1686699949366.jpeg
Peseros, regular metered taxis, no metered taxis, the metro (subway), some kind of combination of public transportation every day.

I wouldn’t do any of that now.

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
all the time in nyc… up to the 60’s (i think…) there were 2 rails that ran the length of the cars below the ceiling. used to be leather loops connected to them that you held onto if you were standing.then they modernized and they became metal, sort of triangular shaped handles that were hinged and fixed to the poles - they were sprung & flexed when you held on…

i wonder if young subway knows this…:shrug:

ps- they used to have the “straphangers” coalition, for riders to bitch about various subway shitdeals…
C1CAAB86-B1C4-4A40-80FB-B6CD807019B9.jpeg

9C3D4913-9D86-48D8-A52E-94F6B2767236.jpeg

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Have you spent any time there lately? Think the Ukraine but safer.
I have some **friends** that have moved there

the last time I was there was a loooooong time ago

I really want to go back and visit the museums

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
“it’s hard to be a saint in the city…” - nj’s fave retro-rocker…

“Just last month, a 15-year-old died while riding atop a J train as it traveled through Brooklyn’s Williamsburg Bridge, police said. The teen died after his head slammed on the bridge around 6:45 p.m. Feb. 20, police said.”

it’s kinda sad that some of these morons even live to 15…

:foreheadslap:

“Yes, it’s true that severely mentally ill people wandering New York’s subway tracks don’t need policing as a long-term solution.
But they do need police, to keep them off the subway tracks and thus keep them alive, as a short-term solution.
So do idiotic teens.
Just last week, police stopped five teen subway surfers in one incident in Queens — potentially averting a mass tragedy.
Police stopped more than 1,000 people in such incidents last year.”

bummer! :roflmao:

Last edited:

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
i know fecalface REALLY digs the boss, and rockin’ out in general, so i hope he sees this special thread addition…. greetings!