Good Riddance.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Uberkuque said:
why is obama a lousy president? the facts and the numbers show otherwise.
Wait–Obama Said We Haven't Been Attacked By Foreign Terrorists In Eight Years?

President Obama mentioned in his farewell speech that no foreign terrorist organization has planned and executed an attack on the homeland.

"Because of the extraordinary courage of our men and women in uniform, and the intelligence officers, law enforcement, and diplomats who support them, no foreign terrorist organization has successfully planned and executed an attack on our homeland these past eight years"

The president has been laying it on thick over the past week with this claim. On January 4, at Fort Myer in Arlington, President Obama addressed members of the military in a farewell ceremony, where he reiterated the claim that "no foreign terrorist organization has successfully planned and executed an attack on our homeland these past eight years."

Seriously? So, Fort Hood, Orlando, the Boston marathon bombing, San Bernardino, and Chattanooga were not terrorist attacks? Washington Examiner's T. Becket Adams listed the attacks since the beginning of Obama's presidency:

* The first such attack took place on June 1, 2009, when Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad shot and killed Army Pvt. William Andrew Long and injured Pvt. Quinton Ezeagwula at a military recruiting station in Little Rock, Ark. The shooter claimed later that he acted as a member of al-Qaeda in the Arab Peninsula, which operates out of Yemen.

* Later that same year, on Nov. 5, 2009, Major Nidal Malik Hasan went on a shooting spree at Fort Hood in Texas, murdering 14 people. Prior to the attack, Hasan was in contact with al-Qaeda's Anwar al-Awlaki.

* On April 15, 2013, the radicalized Tamerlan and Dhozkar Tsarnaev, both of whom frequented a mosque with connections to al-Qaeda, detonated two bombs at the Boston Marathon, killing three and injuring more than 200.

* One year later, on Oct. 23, 2014, Zale Thompson assaulted and injured two police officers in Queens, N.Y., with a hatchet. Though he was a so-called lone wolf, Thompson acted after he became self-radicalized through ISIS, al-Qaeda and al-Shabab literature.

* On July 16, 2015, Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez shot and killed four U.S. Marines and one sailor at a Navy reserve facility center in Chattanooga, Tenn. FBI Director James B. Comey said later that there was no doubt that Abdulazeez was, "motivated by foreign terrorist organization propaganda."

* Later, on Dec. 14, 2015, Tashfeen Malik and her husband, Syed Farook, shot and killed 14 people at a Christmas party in San Bernardino, Calif. The shooting spree left an additional 22 people with injuries. The FBI reported the two shooters had been radicalized by Islamic terrorist organizations, though the bureau has not yet determined which group most inspired the attack. ISIS has described the two terrorists as "supporters.".....

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
squidley said:
Uberkuque said:

President Obama mentioned in his farewell speech that no foreign terrorist organization has planned and executed an attack on the homeland.

"Because of the extraordinary courage of our men and women in uniform, and the intelligence officers, law enforcement, and diplomats who support them, no foreign terrorist organization has successfully planned and executed an attack on our homeland these past eight years"

The president has been laying it on thick over the past week with this claim. On January 4, at Fort Myer in Arlington, President Obama addressed members of the military in a farewell ceremony, where he reiterated the claim that "no foreign terrorist organization has successfully planned and executed an attack on our homeland these past eight years."

Seriously? So, Fort Hood, Orlando, the Boston marathon bombing, San Bernardino, and Chattanooga were not terrorist attacks? Washington Examiner's T. Becket Adams listed the attacks since the beginning of Obama's presidency:

* The first such attack took place on June 1, 2009, when Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad shot and killed Army Pvt. William Andrew Long and injured Pvt. Quinton Ezeagwula at a military recruiting station in Little Rock, Ark. The shooter claimed later that he acted as a member of al-Qaeda in the Arab Peninsula, which operates out of Yemen.

* Later that same year, on Nov. 5, 2009, Major Nidal Malik Hasan went on a shooting spree at Fort Hood in Texas, murdering 14 people. Prior to the attack, Hasan was in contact with al-Qaeda's Anwar al-Awlaki.

* On April 15, 2013, the radicalized Tamerlan and Dhozkar Tsarnaev, both of whom frequented a mosque with connections to al-Qaeda, detonated two bombs at the Boston Marathon, killing three and injuring more than 200.

* One year later, on Oct. 23, 2014, Zale Thompson assaulted and injured two police officers in Queens, N.Y., with a hatchet. Though he was a so-called lone wolf, Thompson acted after he became self-radicalized through ISIS, al-Qaeda and al-Shabab literature.

* On July 16, 2015, Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez shot and killed four U.S. Marines and one sailor at a Navy reserve facility center in Chattanooga, Tenn. FBI Director James B. Comey said later that there was no doubt that Abdulazeez was, "motivated by foreign terrorist organization propaganda."

* Later, on Dec. 14, 2015, Tashfeen Malik and her husband, Syed Farook, shot and killed 14 people at a Christmas party in San Bernardino, Calif. The shooting spree left an additional 22 people with injuries. The FBI reported the two shooters had been radicalized by Islamic terrorist organizations, though the bureau has not yet determined which group most inspired the attack. ISIS has described the two terrorists as "supporters.".....
Which ones were foreigners?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
GromsDad said:
frvcvs said:
Hopefully the PEEOTUS is watching. He can learn a thing or two about class and grace. Obama wasn't a perfect President but at least he was Presidential.

Class and grace???? Are you joking??? Two traits Obama was seriously lacking in if you were paying any attention.
Did you just watch the Trump presser? Seeing the contrast of the two performances in less than 24hrs who would you call a real statesman?

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Obama can give a speech, but so could any actor. Will Smith would probably be a great candidate too.

Obama = brilliant as a figurehead/product for a campaign, terrible at governing.

Ever notice how he seemed completely uninterested and dismissive of doing the hard work of governing?

His interest was in making speeches, not doing the actual job of being president.

The best thing you could say about his tenure was that he successfully avoided plunging the USA into Great Depression II. However, he basically just carried over policy from the outgoing Bush admin in doing this. Geithner (as much as he is hated) really deserves the credit for this, along with Bernanke and Paulson.

Similarly, with getting Bin Laden, he rode on the coattails of the Bush admin, who put in place all of the intelligence that led to the hit. Credit Dick Cheney for laying the groundwork.

Any other item Obama achieved was a disaster on both a substantive and political level.

Obamacare-- total disaster at every level from implementation (website! exchanges!), to sustainability, to effect on the economy, to inefficiency of achieving insurance for uninsured (should've just expanded Medicaid), to political consequences for his own party, to ability to repeal easily based on the same manner in which it was originally passed (reconciliation).

Everything else he achieved was via a lazy executive order which can be repealed on day 1 of Trump admin.

It's fitting that he seemed much more focused on making a fairwell speech above all else, because that's really his talent.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
StuAzole said:
squidley said:
Uberkuque said:

Every one of these attackers had association with foreign terror organizations.

On the other hand, if these were all just random Muslim jihadists, wouldn't that mean that Islam itself causes mass murder? .......that Islam itself is a terror organization. Aren't you saying that your claims to the contrary are just bullshit?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
squidley said:
StuAzole said:
squidley said:
Uberkuque said:

Every one of these attackers had association with foreign terror organizations.

On the other hand, if these were all just random Muslim jihadists, wouldn't that mean that Islam itself causes mass murder? .......that Islam itself is a terror organization. Aren't you saying that your claims to the contrary are just bullshit?
I'll ask again. Which was a foreigner? Pretty simple question regarding a claim you just made - that America had suffered attacks by foreign terrorists. Which attackers weren't Americans? I see one.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
StuAzole said:
I'll ask again. Which was a foreigner? Pretty simple question regarding a claim you just made - that America had suffered attacks by foreign terrorists. Which attackers weren't Americans? I see one.
So that's it? You and Obama want to claim success in fighting terrorism based on Obama's tricky word-play technicality?

Really?

Good Riddance.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
squidley said:
StuAzole said:
So that's it? You and Obama want to claim success in fighting terrorism based on Obama's tricky word-play technicality?

Really?

Good Riddance.
You made the claim. You were the one calling him a liar. So I'll ask again - which ones were foreigners?

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
StuAzole said:
squidley said:
StuAzole said:

Really?

Good Riddance.
You made the claim. You were the one calling him a liar. So I'll ask again - which ones were foreigners?
No, I didn't call Obama a liar, I presented the truth. Now I'll call him a liar.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
squidley said:
No, I didn't call Obama a liar, I presented the truth. Now I'll call him a liar.
Present the truth then - which of the people listed in the article you posted were foreigners? It's an easy question.

Gnudz

Phil Edwards status
Apr 5, 2011
Jonestown
www.stormsurfing.com
GromsDad said:
brukuns said:
GromsDad said:
frvcvs said:
Hopefully the PEEOTUS is watching. He can learn a thing or two about class and grace. Obama wasn't a perfect President but at least he was Presidential.
Class and grace???? Are you joking??? Two traits Obama was seriously lacking in if you were paying any attention.
Do you at least agree that if compared to Trump, Obama is as graceful as a Disney princess?
I'm comparing Obummer to every other president in my lifetime. Trump hasn't taken office so how he acts as president remains to be seen. Compared to Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Clinton and the Bushes.........Obama is a world class asshole.

I was listening to a left wing democrat pundit on the radio driving to the office this morning and this woman described it pretty well saying "if only Obama had acted in reality the way he presents himself in his lofty speeches history would look back much more fondly on him." This person described him well using the term thin skinned and basically said that he over-reached so badly in 2008 and 2009 that it poisoned the entire rest of his presidency and left their party in the mess it finds itself in today. As much as I disagree with the left I thought this person gave a pretty fair assessment of things from the left's point of view. I think as time goes on more and more democrats will become more honest about the mess Obama has created and the tone he has set for the democrat party.
Who was the "democrat pundit" and what right-wing talk radio program was she on? This sounds very much like something S.E. Cupp would say.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Gnudz said:
GromsDad said:
brukuns said:
GromsDad said:
frvcvs said:
Do you at least agree that if compared to Trump, Obama is as graceful as a Disney princess?
I'm comparing Obummer to every other president in my lifetime. Trump hasn't taken office so how he acts as president remains to be seen. Compared to Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Clinton and the Bushes.........Obama is a world class asshole.

I was listening to a left wing democrat pundit on the radio driving to the office this morning and this woman described it pretty well saying "if only Obama had acted in reality the way he presents himself in his lofty speeches history would look back much more fondly on him." This person described him well using the term thin skinned and basically said that he over-reached so badly in 2008 and 2009 that it poisoned the entire rest of his presidency and left their party in the mess it finds itself in today. As much as I disagree with the left I thought this person gave a pretty fair assessment of things from the left's point of view. I think as time goes on more and more democrats will become more honest about the mess Obama has created and the tone he has set for the democrat party.
Who was the "democrat pundit" and what right-wing talk radio program was she on? This sounds very much like something S.E. Cupp would say.
S.E. Cupp she's on the top of my list of conservatives that I'd like to grudgefuck...

[img:center]https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/enhanced/webdr02/2013/2/15/17/anigif_enhanced-buzz-15993-1360966080-1_preview.gif[/img]

:dancing: :facelick:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Gnudz said:
GromsDad said:
brukuns said:
GromsDad said:
frvcvs said:

I'd let her indoctrinate me