General skin care post surf?

Apr 30, 2020
Interested if anyone has any recommendations on how to improve / take care of your skin post surf?

Anyone have any routines they follow / focus on other areas such as eyes & ears?

Are there any other areas worth addressing in this thread?

At the moment I only apply sunscreen & zinc prior to surfing and maybe a moisturiser at night.

Have noticed over the past few years my skin has taken a heavy hit from the sun and consistent surfing.

Thanks!

Last edited:

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
A good mousturizer used daily is key. Cera Ve was recommended by my Derm.

Aloe for when you get burned.

Oatmeal baths.

Diet. Olive oil. Fatty fish, green tea, fresh fruits and vegetables.

Get a better sunscreen and be careful how old it is. Tropic Sport has been the best for me.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Just wash with a facial cleanser after to get the sunscreen off, been using this one and find it doesn't dry my skin out too much. No I don't use any other facial beauty products as not a metrosexual.

1588822859345.png

Reactions: jonochilcott

billypilgrim

Nep status
Apr 19, 2017
In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
How many pairs of shoes do you have?

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Holy sh!t. Are you a dude or dudette? Check your pants.

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
A THOUSAND stomach crunches?!?! How long does that take?

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Wash and shave every other day. Exfoliate with AHA or BHA and and then lots of moisture. Whatever my wife has. Serums, tinctures, balms, some Korean snail cream product, all applied like one might approach a salad bar. Little of this, little of that. Add some sunscreen on top.

Last edited:

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
since i started following this exact routine, my life has improved to a remarkable degree.
i already had my wardrobe dialed in as tastefully as mr.bateman’s, but at my age, if you want to impress the slatterns you got to really step up your game...

i’m usually into german-made chainsaws, but in a pinch, the jap ones will do an excellent job... ymmv...

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
since i started following this exact routine, my life has improved to a remarkable degree.
i already had my wardrobe dialed in as tastefully as mr.bateman’s, but at my age, if you want to impress the slatterns you got to really step up your game...

i’m usually into german-made chainsaws, but in a pinch, the jap ones will do an excellent job... ymmv...
The saw is family.

May 22, 2020
Moisturizing your skin is the key! SPF is also essential. Oils and spray formulations are a suitable choice too. An after-sun lotion or aloe vera gel is always helpful in the summer. Btw, my sister was a surfer too. She always had zinc serum on her face. It provides excellent water resistance and UV protection when you're spending hours surfing. Her hands and feet were wrinkling up like an adaptation to being in the water. But the creases weren't so visible after some injections at Med Spa Beverly HIlls. I hope my advice will be helpful.

Last edited:

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
i use that lipstick thick white clown face lifeguard zinc stuff which requires some type of sandpaper like exfoliant afterwards to prevent pimples or blackheads. But this stuff was a godsend in preventing me from peeling after getting too much sun especially my forehead and nose. I've tried peeling and rubbing the real gooey stuff on my face but this seems to work the best. Nothing worse than having pieces of your face skin come off making you look like you have some sort of contagious disease in the middle of a business meeting with a customer.

J04016-front.jpg

Reactions: One-Off