Gasoline Gasoline!

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
gromsdad in the thread means the thread is automatically a political meme thread

fkn hell

• Love
Reactions: hal9000

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
So rather than sticking with last century's power sources and missing out on the next wave of energy development, we can position ourselves to remain globally competitive for the reminder of the 21st century.

I was telling my kid this just the other day, "By the time you are my age, ICE vehicles and fossil-fuel fired power plants will be anachronisms from a bygone era." Or something like that.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
So rather than sticking with last century's power sources and missing out on the next wave of energy development, we can position ourselves to remain globally competitive for the reminder of the 21st century.

I was telling my kid this just the other day, "By the time you are my age, ICE vehicles and fossil-fuel fired power plants will be anachronisms from a bygone era." Or something like that.
Futurism for the sake of futurism is cute

Problem is there is only one better power source for power plants but the greenies are scared of that and there’s no better power generation for vehicles yet

Pulling back prematurely will cause that loss in competition sooner

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Futurism for the sake of futurism is cute

Problem is there is only one better power source for power plants but the greenies are scared of that and there’s no better power generation for vehicles yet

Pulling back prematurely will cause that loss in competition sooner
I suspect you and I are in agreement regarding investing heavily in nuclear power generation now, validating what Hal said: "we should be making progress toward weaning ourselves off fossil fuels."