Gasoline Gasoline!

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Norwegian power production is almost 100% renewable and emission free. 95 per cent of the power production stems from the 1600 hydropower plants which are spread all across the country, and some 3,5 per cent stems from windpower
that makes sense

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Norway is a good place for electric cars cause face it, if you live in Norway you're probably not driving very far. Not like here where people routinely drive great distances.
Everywhere is a good place for electric cars. The ranges are well over a day's commute almost anywhere in the US. They're fast as f--k and nice and quiet. Think what ICE cars were 10-15 years in. Sub-equine trash.

sh!t-canning nuclear and using coal-fired plants to drive plug-in cars isn't the best solution but give it some time.

Reactions: afoaf

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Everywhere is a good place for electric cars. The ranges are well over a day's commute almost anywhere in the US. They're fast as f--k and nice and quiet. Think what ICE cars were 10-15 years in. Sub-equine trash.

sh!t-canning nuclear and using coal-fired plants to drive plug-in cars isn't the best solution but give it some time.
Let me know when there is an affordable SUV that can tow my 23 foot boat or drive basically non-stop from NJ to NC or FL.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

Do you have one on order?

Hal’s comparison was... Hal being Hal.

You should start a Democrats for nuclear power group. That would be fun to watch.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Do you have one on order?

Hal’s comparison was... Hal being Hal.

You should start a Democrats for nuclear power group. That would be fun to watch.
F__K NO. A car is a depreciating asset. Every few years I rent a really nice one (by my standards) to cruise around California. I drive an old shitbox Nissan. It's paid off and good on gas. And low mileage for the years. Basically any new car at all would cost me 2-4 years, at least, of surf retirement. No thanks.

But if I was going to spend luxury car money, I'd get a Tesla, without a second thought. The acceleration is fucking incredible and I KNOW you know the body is an accelerometer. One good stomp on the throttle and you'd be stocked on the yank.

Yes, I know mining some of the sh!t isn't the best for Uzbekistan's ecology, and coal-fired electricity powering the things doesn't totally fix the emissions/travel ratio.

Regarding Democrats for nuclear power, I think you think the tweets iproudboyalot and grapeproudboi spam are where the Democrats are in the US. If that was the case, for the millionth time, the Segregationist would NOT have won the primary thanks to black voters in South Carolina.

Fareed Zakaria is for it. Hickenlooper, Booker, Ryan, Moulton, and Andrew Yang all for it. The only 2020 candidates clearly AGAINST it are The Bern, the Aryan wet dream Cherokee, The lady with the crystals, and ifallalot and grapeboi's favorite, Tulsi Gabbard.

Even Jay fckn Inslee went for the straddle "no new ones at this time".

Biden, Gillebrand, Harris, O'Rourke, and the Minnesota Snow Ox didn't address the topic. But look at where they stand on every other issue vs the list of names in favor and the four White Rabbit LARPers against it.

Reactions: bird.LA

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Let me know when there is an affordable SUV that can tow my 23 foot boat or drive basically non-stop from NJ to NC or FL.
?????

There isn't an "affordable" SUV that can tow a 23 foot boat that runs on gas now. The F150 lightning is competitive with the petro F150 pricing as I see it - and don't quote me the $30k work truck, NOBODY is buying that. It's all optioned out crew cabs so don't even try that sh!t with Deebo.

The Teslas are all way, way, way more than competitive with similar outfitted Krautwagons.

There are no gas/diesel cars that have a fuel tank to make Florida from New Jersey non-stop and the trip you are describing is the demographic equivalent of worrying about the Mongolian-Melanesian-Bolivian-Zimbabwean transgender Nebraska Cornhuskers football fan community.

In any event the consequence of mass single occupant vehicle traffic running off the electrical grid is cheaper gas for sh!t that really needs it:

Fishing boats, jets to places with good surf, hauling vehicles, and wetsuits.

Stop hating on my KALI/Mex wins, sailfish bite, and fresh 3/2 fullsuits!

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
F__K NO. A car is a depreciating asset. Every few years I rent a really nice one (by my standards) to cruise around California. I drive an old shitbox Nissan. It's paid off and good on gas. And low mileage for the years. Basically any new car at all would cost me 2-4 years, at least, of surf retirement. No thanks.

But if I was going to spend luxury car money, I'd get a Tesla, without a second thought. The acceleration is fucking incredible and I KNOW you know the body is an accelerometer. One good stomp on the throttle and you'd be stocked on the yank.

Yes, I know mining some of the sh!t isn't the best for Uzbekistan's ecology, and coal-fired electricity powering the things doesn't totally fix the emissions/travel ratio.

Regarding Democrats for nuclear power, I think you think the tweets iproudboyalot and grapeproudboi spam are where the Democrats are in the US. If that was the case, for the millionth time, the Segregationist would NOT have won the primary thanks to black voters in South Carolina.

Fareed Zakaria is for it. Hickenlooper, Booker, Ryan, Moulton, and Andrew Yang all for it. The only 2020 candidates clearly AGAINST it are The Bern, the Aryan wet dream Cherokee, The lady with the crystals, and ifallalot and grapeboi's favorite, Tulsi Gabbard.

Even Jay fckn Inslee went for the straddle "no new ones at this time".

Biden, Gillebrand, Harris, O'Rourke, and the Minnesota Snow Ox didn't address the topic. But look at where they stand on every other issue vs the list of names in favor and the four White Rabbit LARPers against it.
I think a lot of people get sticker shock but the trucks are boss boss boss. I’ve said it before, the ultimate El Roble beer runner. The road just got graded, talk and kicks. That’s probably the case with our resident proponents that are virtually on the bandwagon but ... er ah not me ... because their needs aren’t met for the investment.

I’m talking about the rank and file. All the opposition and handwringing has dried up? Tell me another lie. I doubt you’ll see any significant nuke contribution in your lifetime. I hope I’m wrong.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Norway is a good place for electric cars cause face it, if you live in Norway you're probably not driving very far. Not like here where people routinely drive great distances.
They have a kick-ass road museum and some very scenic roads.

About the museum
The Norwegian Public Road Museum, is one of Norway's largest technical and industrial museum facilities. The museum consists of three museums and a large open air museum. The three museums are; the Norwegian Public Road Museum (NPRM), the Norwegian Rock Blasting Museum(NRBM) and the Norwegian Vehicle Museum (NVM). The museums have a total of almost 5,000 square meters of indoor and outdoor exhibitions.

(At the museum we have an archive, a photo archive, a library and a workshop.) In the open air museum, you will find a number of buildings that have had an impact on daily life along the roads. Such as ; country stores, petrol station and road warden's residence. There are also exhibited machines that have been used for road construction and rock blasting.

1639418597324.png
1639418621300.png