Futures fin too loose in socket

Jan 15, 2020
Kind of a kooky question, I got a set of futures and the back fin seems to be sitting too loose in the socket. I tried it on a couple of different boards so I know it's a fin issue and not a socket issue. Not sure if the screw will keep it secure. Anyone else come across this issue and how did you solve it?

May 31, 2011
Kind of a kooky question, I got a set of futures and the back fin seems to be sitting too loose in the socket. I tried it on a couple of different boards so I know it's a fin issue and not a socket issue. Not sure if the screw will keep it secure. Anyone else come across this issue and how did you solve it?
Usually the grub screw combined with sand/salt from a few sessions will keep it pretty well in place. That being said, I've found the most effective solution to be be adding a little fiberglass resin to the fin base. I know people also add packing tape, stickers, etc. as well but those seems like less permanent solutions to me. Also if you are the original purchaser, Futures is pretty good about taking fins back and replacing them if there is a QC issue.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
if they are new I would hit up futures and try to get them replaced. they are a pain in the butt to get in contact with but once they responded they were good about replacing a set of fins I had that were warped.