Future Predictions

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
Let's hear them.

I've heard Casa hint at an economic collapse.

MitchellC says blue states are going down and all manufacturing is shifting from PRC to Mex...or something like that.

I'd like to know what others on the board think. Are we at the beginning of very serious troubling times? Are we coming out of this thing and in the midst of setting up our bottom turn for the barrel? Will tourism ever rebound?

Where do we go from here both in the US and the world?

And FecalFuk, stay outta this one, your comments are unwelcome in this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: gbg and FecalFace

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
Yeah, I think we are in for tough times, and I don't know if it's a blue v. red state thing.

Tourism will be crushed for quite some time. Given that about 70% of Americans support quarantines, one would have to believe that group isn't likely to be getting on planes, dining in restaurants, booking cruises, or staying in hotels any time soon. People think differently about viruses now, which is not positive for us going forward. For centuries, we just dealt with them; after this, quarantining may become a regular thing. I hope not. States such as Florida, that rely heavily on tourism, are going to feel a lot of pain. Motels, restaurants will be shuttered.

I think we were due for a correction, but this one could be very, very bad.

Reactions: Ifallalot

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
Fair points. Although it seems that 70% in support of quarantine is rapidly dwindling as the weather warms up and the cost of shutting down the economy becomes more clear.

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
I think lots of manufacturing of essential items, like anti-fricking biotics, will move back stateside by law. Lots and lots and lots of pain in the service industry sector, and by extention, everywhere else.