Fucking board bailers!

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Having a session last Friday on this spot known to have many beginners... it's pretty apalling, I feel like a pro surfing there, so many clueless kooks. The wave is actually pretty good, but it's on the soft side so it attracts beginners like flies.

It was not crowded at all but enough kooks in the4 water to make it dangerous. took off on a wave rather close to some kooks but far from running any of them over... must have scared the sh!t out of this asian girl, cos' she fucking bailed her board. All seems fine until her board slingshots out of the whitewater straight into my shin... fuuuck! Don't mean to be a bitch but a board to the shin fucking hurts.

This is one aspect surfers should regulate more. Board bailers should go in!

Rant done.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Having a session last Friday on this spot known to have many beginners... it's pretty apalling, I feel like a pro surfing there, so many clueless kooks. The wave is actually pretty good, but it's on the soft side so it attracts beginners like flies.

It was not crowded at all but enough kooks in the4 water to make it dangerous. took off on a wave rather close to some kooks but far from running any of them over... must have scared the sh!t out of this asian girl, cos' she fucking bailed her board. All seems fine until her board slingshots out of the whitewater straight into my shin... fuuuck! Don't mean to be a bitch but a board to the shin fucking hurts.

Rant done.
start training muay thai and u won't even flinch at those shin crackers

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003

Rant done.

my wife has done that to me. i m going left, shes duckdiving... bails board right into my shins
i think i called her a fucking idiot and she was pissed at me for hours
yeah i was the bad guy in that situation
coincidentally, shes brazilian
thank heavenly balls she doesnt surf anymore
although she keps threatening to start again
"i wanna surf tomorrow"
"ok, have fun"
"no, i want to surf with you"
"uh well um uh..."

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
my wife has done that to me. i m going left, shes duckdiving... bails board right into my shins
i think i called her a fucking idiot and she was pissed at me for hours
yeah i was the bad guy in that situation
coincidentally, shes brazilian
thank heavenly balls she doesnt surf anymore
although she keps threatening to start again
"i wanna surf tomorrow"
"ok, have fun"
"no, i want to surf with you"
"uh well um uh..."
I don't think I'll ever have to deal with this. My wife walks with me into the ocean... ankle slapper starts forming in front of us... she instantly grabs my arm full force holding for dear life. :LOL:

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009

Rant done.
Hello.
1633371261276.png

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008

It was not crowded at all but enough kooks in the4 water to make it dangerous.
:shrug:

Wait, so you're visiting North County San Diego...

• Haha
Reactions: PPK96754

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I had somebody do that on a close to ten foot face. Dropped in late and behind and this guy was paddling up the face on a longboard. He had it, all he had to do was punch through. Instead he bailed the board up in the lip. Just rolled off. I was bottom turning and the board came over and hit me in the shoulder hard enough to blast me towards the reef/beach. Got pounded, came up with only one arm working. Took three more on the head and finally one-armed it out of there. Had a hard time getting back on the boat with only one arm working. Shoulder never was the same. Had surgery two months later.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
:shrug:

Wait, so you're visiting North County San Diego...
Close... but like I said, it wasn't crowded at all. I've seen Swarmies... it's a whole different ball game although the spot I went to gets pretty crowded on weekends. Is Swarmies ever not at max capacity?