From the front lines....

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Was down at Ka'a yesterday morning, epic conditions, dozens of foilers out. Was talking with the Maui rep for Axis. New gear coming out, more affordable and interchangeable.

Also shorter fuselage for tighter turns and better pumping.

Something to look forward to in design progression.

I'll keep this thread going with new gear info as I hear/see it. More players in the market with different design ideas, I think things are about to get real interesting in 2019 :thought:

Dec 5, 2018
2019 is definetly going to be interesting regarding foil.

Naish is worling on new design and I guess all the others brands are working on R&D.

I don't know about Gofoil, they have the new longer mast but what about a new wing ?

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
But I didn’t buy a new board this year because I bought a foil. Are my boards going to last through next year because I buy a new foil?

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
gregfoil said:
2019 is definetly going to be interesting regarding foil.

Naish is worling on new design and I guess all the others brands are working on R&D.

I don't know about Gofoil, they have the new longer mast but what about a new wing ?
Yea I think Go Foil may need to develop some wings to fill gap in their line up. I'd like to have more options than the Kai and Iwa....not just size but also wing profile changes. It's coming, just don't know when. Axis has about 5 surf wings to choose, also different tail wings. Axis also has different base plate angles coming out if your board has some tail rocker that will compensate for that instead of using shims.