Found my Dream Car

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
Agreed. It ain’t Chernobyl or even 3 mile island anymore. Good safe modern and reliable nuke would make a whole lot of problems go away. I mean Christ, for decades the navy has been sailing around MILES UNDER THE OCEAN living cheek by jowl in a small steel tube with NUCLEAR POWER REACTORS right next to nuclear WARHEADS. Same on their Aircraft carriers. How many times did they melt down and radiate entire port cities? Over nearly 70 years. Never. Chernobyl was a poorly built disaster from the beginning, built as it was in the quickly crumbling and brain starved Soviet Union

We can build small safe plants and power the entire country with the right political will and financial interests aligned. That’s the only way it gets done. The fat cats, politicos, and illuminati types gotta get their taste, and the greenies have to be convinced it can be done safely for generations to come. Then, we get on the nuclear train and off the oil tip. We can still use the AMPLE oil still in existence for its countless OTHER uses, but for the big guzzlers, like homes and cars and shipping vessels and cities etc, hell entire countries, can be powered cheaply and easily and safely: for them it’s nuke plants FTW
which would be worse... to get subwayed ?...
or fukashima-ed ?...

getting the combo ?...

:bricks:

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
You’d make a great casket salesman.

My dad did road tests during the mid 60’s through the mid 70’s, here’s a few of my favorites
View attachment 121243
65 Shelby Cobra (289) muscle plus
View attachment 121244
65 Shelby GT350. Plenty beef
View attachment 121245
73 911S neat car, surprising power
‘71, ‘72, ‘73 S = hot stuff !
even 20 years ago they were $$$$ !!!

years ago, there was a guy who who worked part-time in a local gas station by my mom’s... he had a cobra with a 289 in it...
pretty quick !!!

the 427s were kinda overkill...

cobra stripes on a fastback shelby mustang...:jamon:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Agreed. It ain’t Chernobyl or even 3 mile island anymore. Good safe modern and reliable nuke would make a whole lot of problems go away. I mean Christ, for decades the navy has been sailing around MILES UNDER THE OCEAN living cheek by jowl in a small steel tube with NUCLEAR POWER REACTORS right next to nuclear WARHEADS. Same on their Aircraft carriers. How many times did they melt down and radiate entire port cities? Over nearly 70 years. Never. Chernobyl was a poorly built disaster from the beginning, built as it was in the quickly crumbling and brain starved Soviet Union

We can build small safe plants and power the entire country with the right political will and financial interests aligned. That’s the only way it gets done. The fat cats, politicos, and illuminati types gotta get their taste, and the greenies have to be convinced it can be done safely for generations to come. Then, we get on the nuclear train and off the oil tip. We can still use the AMPLE oil still in existence for its countless OTHER uses, but for the big guzzlers, like homes and cars and shipping vessels and cities etc, hell entire countries, can be powered cheaply and easily and safely: for them it’s nuke plants FTW

Look into "nuclear batteries".

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
‘71, ‘72, ‘73 S = hot stuff !
even 20 years ago they were $$$$ !!!

years ago, there was a guy who who worked part-time in a local gas station by my mom’s... he had a cobra with a 289 in it...
pretty quick !!!

the 427s were kinda overkill...

cobra stripes on a fastback shelby mustang...:jamon:
No such thing as overkill when it comes to displacement, horsepower, or torque

Reactions: Hump

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
It's really the only way to provide ample baseline power while tackling climate change in this century.
Well, Norway uses 98% of energy from renewable sources without using nuclear power.

Or solar, because they have 2 hours of sunshine a year.

Cue: scaling up argument

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Well, Norway uses 98% of energy from renewable sources without using nuclear power.

Or solar, because they have 2 hours of sunshine a year.

Cue: scaling up argument
When you have a moment you should explain how the densely populated areas of the USA compare to Norway re: available energy sources and consumption.

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Can we perhaps harness volcanic and tectonic energy? That would be dope

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
That’s your explanation?:roflmao:

Which population centers in the USA could benefit from thermal energy like Norway but don’t because Americans aren’t as intelligent and free thinking as Norway peoples?
Yes, I gave you a cue and you went for it. :roflmao:

Only 2.5% of Norway's energy comes from thermal.
Take that and put it in your crack pipe for Christmas.

We have plenty of smart people here.
The problem are the naysayers, who do their own "research" on Facebook.
We always underestimate the Retard Power.