fish boards are ugly

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Wow, nice work - is that why I'm seeing all sorts of board sales from you on FBM? :D
I've always wanted one, but recently my tastes have changed, and I'm a little anti super short boards.
Partially...but I buy and sell quite a few boards anyway. Different feels. Or as Gaz says "Fresh feels".IMG_2035.JPGIMG_2037.JPGIMG_2040.JPG
Took the fish out in similar waves to yesterday. Knee-thigh high runners. Put the Rasta keels in it. Less drag paddling and drivier and looser on the wave. Sure the keels in the front quad boxes is forward of optimal but in small, mess around waves they work better than the Rasta quads. Fixed the leash string and shaved down the tailpads kick so it wasn't banging on my knee caps when paddling any more so may smooth it off and just leave it as is. Still have no idea what the leash model is? Anyone? Anyone?....Bueller!

Last edited:

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Partially...but I buy and sell quite a few boards anyway. Different feels. Or as Gaz says "Fresh feels".View attachment 174042View attachment 174043View attachment 174044
Took the fish out in similar waves to yesterday. Knee-thigh high runners. Put the Rasta keels in it. Less drag paddling and drivier and looser on the wave. Sure the keels in the front quad boxes is forward of optimal but in small, mess around waves they work better than the Rasta quads. Fixed the leash string and shaved down the tailpads kick so it wasn't banging on my knee caps when paddling any more so may smooth it off and just leave it as is. Still have no idea what the leash model is? Anyone? Anyone?....Bueller!
Sweet boar! Leash looks like the old FCS Freedom (pre helix). Spoiler alert: I have seen quite a few of them snap, would only use it for beach breaks ;)

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Sweet boar! Leash looks like the old FCS Freedom (pre helix). Spoiler alert: I have seen quite a few of them snap, would only use it for beach breaks ;)
Thanks. Explains why looking at the current FCS catalogue of leashes drew a blank. Thanks for the heads up. Are they also prone to sawing through rails or something?

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Thanks. Explains why looking at the current FCS catalogue of leashes drew a blank. Thanks for the heads up. Are they also prone to sawing through rails or something?
Prone to cause a nice burn when wrapped around your leg on a wipeout :roflmao:

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
just my opinion. has the ugliness of fish boards been covered already? I'm relatively new here. btw, nothing wrong with ugly
False.
But sometimes I look at old pointy thrusters and think, "wow. this thing is hideous."