Fireworks bum me out

erik1938

Legend (inyourownmind)
The illegal fireworks that are being set of now and way more powerful then the little black cats or bottle rockets I had in the early 80's. Now they are huge and big enough to annoy people for hundreds of yards around.
The whole, "it was never a problem in the past" is a poor argument. Racism wasn't a problem for white people in the past either.
I realize this is a "free country" but when your actions by setting off loud as F fireworks trump others right to a relatively peaceful existence as well as cause pets to go bat sh!t crazy something needs to change.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
do kids even smash the piccolo petes anymore?

now that i think about....smashing a piccolo pete with a hammer or a brick might be more dangerous than lighting an actual m1000.

cant even coutn how many times i was smashing them for the intended later effect....to only have the damn thing explode right in front of me.
Yeah, I set a few off with the hammer. Still have all my fingers, thankfully.

M80’s minimum or gtfo.
we lit off a few m80s but never on the 4th. Too obvious which crew of kids it was in the neighborhoods. Instead, we’d light them off walking home from school so we could play dumb.

• Haha
Reactions: PJ

Jack-the-Ripper

OTF status
Feb 10, 2023
The illegal fireworks that are being set of now and way more powerful then the little black cats or bottle rockets I had in the early 80's. Now they are huge and big enough to annoy people for hundreds of yards around.
The whole, "it was never a problem in the past" is a poor argument. Racism wasn't a problem for white people in the past either.
I realize this is a "free country" but when your actions by setting off loud as F fireworks trump others right to a relatively peaceful existence as well as cause pets to go bat sh!t crazy something needs to change.
WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH fireworks are loud !!! Dude, cry me a river. it's one fucking day that comes around every 365 days. You will live. Your dog will live. Neither of you will be killed by loud noise from fireworks. You will not be harmed. You can make it through this one evening. Your dog can too. Just like the billions of dogs and people that came before them. You, @averagejoe, and @Woke AF sound like a bunch of Karens. Willing to bet none of you have kids cause there's no way any woman would ever let you father their kid, because you are too obsessed with your dog's emotions and especially after hearing you whine about noise from fireworks. Also invoking racism in a discussion about fireworks should discredit the rest of your post, especially since I'm willing to bet 99.99999% of the people complaining about fireworks noise are white Karens like you. As for everyone else here, hope you had an awesome night last night!!! BANG BANG!!!! HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: sussle

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH fireworks are loud !!! Dude, cry me a river. it's one fucking day that comes around every 365 days.
Maybe where you live. I bail every year. Tuesday evening a week ago it fucking started. I'm not talking about kids with sparklers and firecrackers on the 4th, or here and there at a decent hour especially on weekends abutting the 4th. Like some posters said. Shooting that sh!t over your house instead of their own. Every fucking night for two fucking weeks, often between 1am and 4am. POP POP. Weeeeooooooow! Goddamnit. Try to get back to sleep. POP POP Weeeeeooooow!

It's 2:30am on a weeknight and they're yodeling like morons for 20 fucking minutes at the splendor of an aerial fart being lit on fire. Weeeeeeooooooooooow!

In my hometown it was fun. Some steaks, some beers, fuckin MERIKA. Hopefully there was a nice breeze for the city show. No skeeters and no sweat. Friends and parents and neighbors.

In Jax Beach it's an amateur hour drunken barn dance. Just wall to wall belligerent obnoxious stupidity.

Jack-the-Ripper

OTF status
Feb 10, 2023
Maybe where you live. I bail every year. Tuesday evening a week ago it fucking started. I'm not talking about kids with sparklers and firecrackers on the 4th, or here and there at a decent hour especially on weekends abutting the 4th. Like some posters said. Shooting that sh!t over your house instead of their own. Every fucking night for two fucking weeks, often between 1am and 4am. POP POP. Weeeeooooooow! Goddamnit. Try to get back to sleep. POP POP Weeeeeooooow!

It's 2:30am on a weeknight and they're yodeling like morons for 20 fucking minutes at the splendor of an aerial fart being lit on fire. Weeeeeeooooooooooow!

In my hometown it was fun. Some steaks, some beers, fuckin MERIKA. Hopefully there was a nice breeze for the city show. No skeeters and no sweat. Friends and parents and neighbors.

In Jax Beach it's an amateur hour drunken barn dance. Just wall to wall belligerent obnoxious stupidity.
Valid complaint and totally different than what the Karens here are bitching about. You are talking about a whole week of it, they are whining about fireworks of the 4th of July.

averagejoe

Miki Dora status
May 28, 2008
So far away
www.mardawg.com
WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH fireworks are loud !!! Dude, cry me a river. it's one fucking day that comes around every 365 days. You will live. Your dog will live. Neither of you will be killed by loud noise from fireworks. You will not be harmed. You can make it through this one evening. Your dog can too. Just like the billions of dogs and people that came before them. You, @averagejoe, and @Woke AF sound like a bunch of Karens. Willing to bet none of you have kids cause there's no way any woman would ever let you father their kid, because you are too obsessed with your dog's emotions and especially after hearing you whine about noise from fireworks. Also invoking racism in a discussion about fireworks should discredit the rest of your post, especially since I'm willing to bet 99.99999% of the people complaining about fireworks noise are white Karens like you. As for everyone else here, hope you had an awesome night last night!!! BANG BANG!!!! HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!!!
It’s not one day. It started Friday and lasted until last night.

If you have a kid, I hope it loses a finger playing with fireworks

not really, but it felt good to type it

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
That's not from fireworks.
There was a ton of spent fireworks everywhere. These people at least tried to get them in the trash bin. Trash bins were overflowing everywhere and a lot of people just left trash where they made it. Believe me, it was bad. To me it was disgusting.

Last edited:

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Newport was off the hook from about sundown until 11:00 so not really that bad.

Mortars going off in unison nonstop lighting up the night sky for about 3 hours then tapered off.

Probably helped that it was a work night.

My cat is a stud. He wasn't fazed in the least. Actually, he seemed to enjoy the light show.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
That's not from fireworks.
nope, looks like typical tourist trash. Fwiw, my beach town did away with those beach trash cans a couple years ago in favor of a formal this-is-not-just-a-suggestion "pack it in, pack it out" policy, which immediately turned all the locals into beach Nazi's, and surprise! it actually worked. Beaches are way cleaner now and no mountains of trash left behind.:cheers:

Reactions: keenfish

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
nope, looks like typical tourist trash. Fwiw, my beach town did away with those beach trash cans a couple years ago in favor of a formal this-is-not-just-a-suggestion "pack it in, pack it out" policy, which immediately turned all the locals into beach Nazi's, and surprise! it actually worked. Beaches are way cleaner now and no mountains of trash left behind.:cheers:
I'll repeat there were spent fireworks everywhere.

As for the "pack it in, pack it out" policy, for once I'm in agreement with the (beach) Nazis.

Reactions: sussle

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
I'll repeat there were spent fireworks everywhere.

As for the "pack it in, pack it out" policy, for once I'm in agreement with the (beach) Nazis.
Yup, no complaints from me, I'm one of them. I actually did not think it would work - pleased to be wrong :shaka:

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
It’s not one day. It started Friday and lasted until last night.

If you have a kid, I hope it loses a finger playing with fireworks

not really, but it felt good to type it
Listen, it took a series of events that culminated in 01-04Jul1776 and theDeclaration of Independence. A vote of independence on 02July1776. Etc etc etc.

I say let freedom ring and fireworks fly at any time.

anyone notice not a lot of fireflys around?

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
We hiked up the hill behind our house, and I was impressed at the neighborhood shows going on. Some of them were really close to the sheriff's buzzing around town.

I was concerned that our new pup would react to the fireworks b/c she's so skittish, but she ended up being fine, just like our other 2 (luckily).

While we were watching the smoke, I was thinking about the mass of these fireworks and how all of it gets vaporized, heavy metals and all. The night before we were on a friend's boat and watched the Camp Pendleton show: the wind blew the smoke right into us. Think we got our yearly allotment of trace metals.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Newport was off the hook from about sundown until 11:00 so not really that bad.

Mortars going off in unison nonstop lighting up the night sky for about 3 hours then tapered off.

Probably helped that it was a work night.

My cat is a stud. He wasn't fazed in the least. Actually, he seemed to enjoy the light show.
be real....we all know the only thing newport exists for...and it is YOUR camera on the fourth. you holding ?

• Haha
Reactions: keenfish

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
be real....we all know the only thing newport exists for...and it is YOUR camera on the fourth. you holding ?
A couple years ago some weekly renter Karen called me out and said she was going to call the cops because I was a perv or ped or creep.
That just ruined it for me.
I was just trying to have fun and bring joy to all my bredren but Karen threw a wet towel over it.
Haven’t shot the 4th July crazyness since.