Fin me- Astro pop

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Gonna pick up an Astro pop this week. I want to find a twin with trailer set up. Not sure what I have left anymore as I haven’t ridden a non twin in a long time. Any good new designs out there to try?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Isn’t the AP designed as a quad? Just because it has other boxes, doesn’t mean you have to use them. I had one for a hot second and it went well with JJF large fronts and 3.75 rears, also TW quad set.

if you must go twin+training wheel, maybe look at Rastas (T1 template) with v2 inside foil makes it smooth linking turns IMO.

Reactions: manbearpig

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Isn’t the AP designed as a quad? Just because it has other boxes, doesn’t mean you have to use them. I had one for a hot second and it went well with JJF large fronts and 3.75 rears, also TW quad set.

if you must go twin+training wheel, maybe look at Rastas (T1 template) with v2 inside foil makes it smooth linking turns IMO.
I guess I never noticed in the description that it was designed as a quad. Saw a lot of good reviews for it as a twin + trailer. I have an EA quad set I was going to try, but only really like quads in good waves.

Reactions: oeste858

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I guess I never noticed in the description that it was designed as a quad. Saw a lot of good reviews for it as a twin + trailer. I have an EA quad set I was going to try, but only really like quads in good waves.
For quad whatever the equivalent of K2.1 is. IIRC you gave me a set of WCTs which is the K2.1 fronts. No, I’m not giving them back.

• Sad
Reactions: manbearpig

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Grabbed the board today. Will probably try with the EA quads since I have a set already and a set of Tyler Warren twin with training wheel on the way (crazy deals at captain fin co right now).

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
Have been messing with quads a bit more. I'm about 180 and like L fins for thrusters. For a quad, try going smaller on the fronts.